What's new

HELP re: Klipsch Synergy potential purchase (1 Viewer)

STLMIKE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I started looking at Infinity Entras for my new HT, because I got the OWS on-wall speakers as a gift, and it would save me $300 off my system to match them w/Entras.

Now, I just got a quote on a Klipsch Synergy 7.1 system for $1700. This is for the "1" small bookshelf rears, the "1" hybrid sides (2 horns firing sideways, one driver firing out), the "3" large non-subwoofer towers for mains, the center, and the 10" sub.

First, is $1700 a good price -- or should I be able to beat him up for any more off? ZERO frame of reference here...

Second, do I regift the On Wall Entras, fork over the extra $$ and go w/the Klipschs. I'd rather save the $$, but I don't want to regret the purchase.

BTW, I will be using a HK 525 receiver.

Thanks, Mike

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Bejster

Auditioning
Mike,
I really don't have an answer as to if the $1700 is a good price or whether you should re-gift. What I do know is that I have the older Klipsch Synergy Series (KSF-10.5 mains, S5 surrounds, and C5 center) and an SVS 25-31 PCi sub (around $1600 for it all) and it freakin' rocks for both movies AND music. I had a Klipsch KSW-15 sub and it was sloppy for music and not all that great for movies (after hearing the SVS.) These are driven by a Marantz SR8200 receiver. I guess the point of my reply is that the Klipsch are great but to shop for a different sub. Just my opinion. :)
John

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I don't think it is. I got my five Klipsch Reference speakers for $1350 locally(RF-3II, RC-3II, RS-3II). The Reference is a large step up from the Synergy in sound. Also Klipsch aren't considered "class leaders" when it comes to subwoofers. There are many great sub offerings from Hsu, Adire, or my favorite SVS that I would consider first. If want to do it locally, find a dealer you can work with you on the price and you could probably do the R*-3II package and the Adire Audio Rava subwoofer around $1700.
If you don't mind a little hassle,(I was going to do this before finding a deal locally) buy this Reference package w/the Klipsch KSW-12 sub for $1549. Sell the new sub on ebay for around $250-300 then put the rest of the money towards an SVS subwoofer.
Also, the older KSF Synergy speakers are much better than the current Synergy. Maybe you could find some used.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks