What's new

Help Problem with Denon CD player (1 Viewer)

Alex Mendoza

Auditioning
I just got a used Denon CD player. It worked well the first day and didnt hiccup or anything.
Today I would play but would skip, I checked the cd and it was clean as a whistle. Then I tried another CD it would display the TOC but when I tried to play it would not display time and there was no music. SOOO I decided to open, disc spins and spins and spins. What could be wrong, I checked the lens and it seems clean enough to read TOC and display. The disc spins fast enought to play but there is not countdown or and sound.????? BTW is there anyway to "reset" this cd player like Denon receivers.

BTW model is DCD-1402

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It could be because your CD player is a virtual antique, Alex. I have all of Audio magazine’s Annual Equipment directories between 1986 and 1999, and there is no DCD-1402 listed. So that means your CD player is more than 16 years old.

The news may not be all bad. There is a DCD-1420 listed in 1989. So if that’s the one you really have, that means the CD player is only 13 years old. :)

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Alex Mendoza

Auditioning
DOh yup 1420

Oh well I just spoke to the guy who sold it to me and he is disappointed it doesnt work as well, he has had it since new. So it's a lost cause since I KNOW it will cost more to fix than getting a new one. Im going to file a claim with UPS and see how it pans out. It was insured for 100 dollars do you think they will give me back the money?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks