What's new

HELP PLEASE! America's army patch problem. (1 Viewer)

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Does anyone else have problems updating their copy of America's Army to version 1.1.1? It keeps giving me something about registry problems. I'd like to be able to update it and play sniper school soon. Also, I came across a broken link about a 2.1 meg patch that was for people who got that error as well: aao_patch_100to101b.exe was the file name. If anyone here could please help me out in some way if you also had that problem, it'd be appreciated!

-g

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Tried it a bunch of ways and eneded up downloading the whole thing all over again. First I had to uninstall the 1.0.1 version then install the full 1.1.1 version. I also had to register again, do the whole basic training and subsequently got into sniper school and such.

Hope this helps.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Gregg,
I had no problems at all. I also am now a certified sniper. :)
Maybe try downloading the patch again.
-Dean-

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I didn't have any problems either. Becoming a sniper was simple.

Have you tried contacting the tech support people (since they have more access to those who wrote it and all).

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
So is this game any good? How does it compare to other FPS titles?
This is the only FPS I play online anymore. Counter-Strike and Medal of Honor just don't have the appeal anymore after playing America's Army. The graphics are incredible, the gameplay is realistic but very fun and addictive, and the maps are killer. I can't wait for more maps to be released. However, I could play Pipeline and Bridge all day long. Playing Bridge is killer as the Attack team since you have to slowly and I mean slowly make your way across the Bridge. Taking cover behind overturned cars and using smoke grenades effectively. :emoji_thumbsup:

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I usually dont like online FPS games, coz everybody's always way better than me, but this one i've actually killed one or two people :)
I always play BRIDGE when i go online, its an awesome map... GET THE RIGHT! THERES A SNIPER ON THE ARCH! :)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Is there a way to download the whole thing (all I see on the site are many files to download one at a time) at one time?

Andre F

Screenwriter
Since its been 2 days since you asked the original question you could have had it all by now
Of course, I could have all the files by now. Last time I attemtped this I found it be very time consuming and I figured I could ask the simple question if there was one big download (the servers seemed slow and several of the downloads timed out, and yes I have broadband). Sorry for asking the question...:frowning:

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I didn't mean it as a rag...just curious why you just didn't download all the pieces since no one knows of any place with 1 big file. I have downloaded it twice from nvidia with no problems with speed at all. I just started downloading one of the files, maxed out at 200k/sec...will finish in about 2 minutes...so only 24 minutes total...not that long at all. You could probably get it from file planet if you want to wait for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks