What's new

Help Me Shuck Xupiter Program (1 Viewer)

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Somehow in October I allowed the commercial "browser-related" Xupiter Program to insinuate itself into my computer.

I managed to rid (hide?) the toolbar display, and under RUN I went to msconfig to Start-Up and disabled Xupiter (two boxes) here. But it's still in there. For example, I find Xupiter ToolbarInstaller and Xupiter ToolbarLoader still "approved" in my ZoneAlarm programs.

It's in the computer as a C:ProgramFiles configuration. However, I do not find it under Settings/ControlPanel/ Add-Remove Programs.

I want to eliminate this. Any suggestions?

tks, bill

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Deja vu? :) Also to get rid of it completely go into your registry and run a search for Xupiter. Delete everything you see with its name on it, then upgrade to the newest IE.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Registry? I sorta thot that as last resort, but that's dangerous terra incognita to me...Still I already am up to IE 6 and dont wanta rock THAT boat.

thanks Scott for responding....

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Np Bill but just a word of advice, Xupiter was on my folks' computer too and it was a pain to get rid of. Personally I had to go to regedit to get it out completely. Things like xupiter.com being the default search page for IE kept bugging me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks