What's new

Help me pick an Ipod or MP3, please! (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I did do a search but these things seem to get new models all the time.

My last portable music device was a CD player.

I'm not trying to save money here, I'd like a quality player.

Here are some of the things I'd like:
I'll be using this at the office and would like to be able to just plug it into an outlet so I can avoid the whole battery thing as much as possible.
Lots of audio storage, at least 80GB I suppose.

Not all earbuds are created equal, where can I get something good and comfortable?

I'm not buying this to watch TV shows or movies, just audio.

I'll be loading this with Windows XP.

Do they all have a feature so you can plug into the car cigar lighter and listen on an unused FM frequency?

Thanks

Buckethead78

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I'd recommend an ipod classic. The itunes interface is great. You can charge it via usb at your work computer.

For headphones, I have some ultimate ears and love em.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Thanks Mike!
Couple of things...believe it or not, my work does not involve a computer at my desk, but I do have an electrical outlet, do these things have an AC adaptor?
Not an itunes guy, I'm a generous supporter of independant record stores.
I'll be using Windows Media to put many CDs on the player.

Buckethead78

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
There is no AC adapter in the box (or at least not when I got mine a couple years ago). You can get them for about 10 bucks. I got one for travel.

iTunes does not require you to use their store. You can rip all your CD's to the library for sync purposes. I put everything I owned on it and put the box in the attic.

I believe that even for windows, Itunes also supports Apple's Airtunes, a wireless adapter for streaming to your home stereo. Something to think about if you wanna get rid of all the clutter like I did. ( I know a lot of audio guys don't like MP3's for quality, but I usually listen to satellite or internet radio through my stereo anyway.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks