What's new

Help me choose between the 50 and 57H81 before I go insane! (1 Viewer)

Brian_J

Second Unit
I had always assumed I would get the 50" but now just cannot figure out whether I should go with the larger one. My viewing distance will be about 9-10 feet and the tv will be used for a good amount of directv so I wonder if it would be better to stay with the smaller one. Are there any differences in the quality of the innards of these things?
Thanks guys.
Brian
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

Well, If it was me, I'd buy the bigger TV. I don't think that 9 or 10' is too close for a 56". Also, you'll be viewing progressive video which makes it easier to watch at a closer distance, compared to interlaced video.
just my opinion
dan

J

John Morris

My distance is about 10-11 feet and I'm gettin the 57 incher. Now if I could only decide if it'll be the H or the HX series???
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
DFAST, 5C, DVI, HDCP, SafeAudio, Macrovision and Lewinski!!!
[Edited last by John Morris on August 09, 2001 at 09:58 PM]

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
If you can afford it, go with the bigger screen (especially since they are from the same series so quality differences will be minimal, just screen size).
I went with a 47" at 8' because of budget and room size constraints. If my living room were 3' wider, and if I had $1000 more, I'd have gone with a 56" or larger.
Good luck!

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Get the biggest TV you can afford! :) I sit 10' from my Mitsubishi WS-65907 and it's perfect. I'm glad that I didn't settle for the 55".

Brian_J

Second Unit
The only thing that concerns me is will this be magnifying the dss signal just a wee bit too much.
Brian
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

Stefan A

Second Unit
Like I just said in another post, the screen always looks bigger once you get it home. I have the 50 and am very pleased with the size. Also, after watching the delivery guys get it down my steps, it's a good thing I didn't get the 57. I don't think it would have made it down the steps. Think practically. There is more to consider than just viewing distance. Don't get me wrong though. If it can work out for you, get the biggest you can get.
Stefan Antwarg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks