What's new

HELP! Looking to buy home theater sytem on Amazon.com (1 Viewer)

whitesox2009

Auditioning
Real Name
paul v
Im looking to purchase a home theater system on Amazon. Ive done tons of research and think i want a Onkyo. I was choosing between the HT-908 and the HT-990THX. The Ht-990THX has the new THX sound but the HT-908 has HDMI video up-conversion. Ive heard the up-conversion is not as good as another type of HDMI video. Now i just see that Onkyo just released two new home theaters the HT-S7100 and the HT-S6100 (less expensive version).The price range in looking for is 800-900 and id like it to be the home theater in a box. Which one is the best? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive been killing myself on this decision for a while now. Thanks

Real Name
jayson barnett
thats a nice choice going with onkyo. that was my first system which i upgraded later.....still onkyo. to answer your upconvert question. i would leave the upcoverting to the device (dvd, cd, tivo,etc) and let the signal passthrough the reciever because a dvd player will do a better job. If this is your first home theater i would go with the onkyo HTIB.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks