What's new

Help, i want to run speaker wires under the carpet (1 Viewer)

Lee_

Auditioning
Hi, i need help running my sorround speaker wires under the carpet. Is there a special tool for removing the carpet and installing back in? Is it a easy job? Thank you. -Lee-

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Pull up the carpet at the edge. Buy a wire fish tape:

Fish tape at Lowes

Bend a loop in the end of the tape to prevent stabbing through the carpet/padding, push it under the carpet till it reaches the other side, lift edge at other end and pull it out. Put all your wires through the loop and bend them back onto themselves. Wrap the whole thing with electrical tape from about 1" before the end of the wires to 1" beyond the end of the loop. Pull it back through. Tack the carpet back down (you can buy a knee hammer type tool for this but it is not necessary).

I did this at my last apartment with great results. It's a little bit of work pulling them through, but worth it. Get some good work gloves to save your hands.

Lee_

Auditioning
Thank you for the info, much appreciated. I will try this tommrow, yay. Does neone know where i can get cheap speaker stands for my sorrounds. Thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks