What's new

HELP-dennon avr-682 doesnt go very loud! (1 Viewer)

Robert br

Grip
Hi, I bought new dennon avr-682 and have jbl nsp1 speakers.The dennon just does not seem to get very loud,I have a small room -12x12ft.PLEASE HELP ME ALL YOU HTF EXPERTS !

Alexis

Stunt Coordinator
What is your source? It should get loud enough for a small room like that.

Robert br

Grip
IT DOES GET LOUD IN MUSIC but in dd and dts it just does not get very loud.have to turn volume dial to below -10 to get a pretty loud sound out of it

Alexis

Stunt Coordinator
That's not bad. The denon will go to +18 on DD, and +7 on DTS.

Other denon's get to reference at around 0 db, not sure about the 1602. Other brands get to reference at way less than 0dB.

Robert br

Grip
SO WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SAY IS IT GOES PAST 0!REALLY I DID NOT KNOW THAT!THANK YOU SO MUCH-I thought the range was -60 to 0 but I guess not.

Alexis

Stunt Coordinator
yeah, if you haven't boosted your mains, center, or surrounds, you can get well past 0.
Try it and let us know if it gets loud enough for you. :)

Robert br

Grip
HEY ALEXIS,I tried it and it did go past zero!at +02 on the volume dial -the movie patriot was WAAY too loud for my room!By the way do you know the right way to set the speakers and the test tones up correctly?THANKS!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks