What's new

HDMI signal times out (1 Viewer)

jallison86

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
Hello,

New to the forums and looking for some input on a weird problem we just started experiencing. We previously had our Sony Blu-Ray player hooked up through our Denon receiver to the TV via component video. A new TV (samsung) and some re-wiring and now it's all HDMI. We can fire up a Blu-ray disc/DVD and watch for a while, but after about 15 minutes the signal just goes away. Same thing happens when watching streaming video.

I don't really know where to begin debugging this. I can't see how it's a cable or interconnect problem since we do get the signal initially. It seems like a timeout of some sort, but that makes no sense to me.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

- Jeff

jallison86

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
Responding to my own question in case anyone else runs into something similar. Turns out it was a cable problem. I guess the cable was good enough to get the signal through but not good enough to handle the HDMI handshake data in some way. After a while the receiver decided that no "official" HDMI content was being presented on that port and switched it off. A new cable solved the problem.

- Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks