HD Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Grant B, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Just got my sony direct tv TV and tuner and was wondering if the SB this year is being broadcast.

Local or direct tv?

I am in San Francisco, just set up my antenna. Anyone know who broadcasts in HD?

2. MichaelG

MichaelG Second Unit

check out www.titantv.vom for HD on TV.
    This years Super Bowl is not in HD, it will be broadcast in 480p on FOX. You would need a special dish and receiver to receive an HD broadcast from DirectTV, so you will most likely need to get an antenna to pick up the Digital FOX signal.

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I just ordered the new dish today so I should have it by then.

Too bad no 1080...even though the game usually sucks, I would have watched it in HD.

I got the antenna up just in time to watch the simpsons in HD yesterday and it looked good...but the PBS channel was broadcasting in 1080 and it was incredible (my wife and myself both gasped when it came on)

4. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Even though it's not HDTV, Fox's 480p widescreen broadcast of the Super Bowl should look much better than the standard NTSC 480i 4x3 broadcast. I will definitely be watching the digital broadcast.

5. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
  6. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

I like how the article says one of their excuses is that cable doesn't offer HD feed. BS! I dunno about other areas of the country, but TimeWarner has the STB and everything. That's how I get Fox/Fox"HD" in the first place.

7. Grant B

Grant B Producer

well at least the olympics are in HD ...so far PBS is the only channel I have seen 1080