What's new

HD Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Just got my sony direct tv TV and tuner and was wondering if the SB this year is being broadcast.

Local or direct tv?

I am in San Francisco, just set up my antenna. Anyone know who broadcasts in HD?

MichaelG

Second Unit
check out Link Removed for HD on TV.
This years Super Bowl is not in HD, it will be broadcast in 480p on FOX. You would need a special dish and receiver to receive an HD broadcast from DirectTV, so you will most likely need to get an antenna to pick up the Digital FOX signal.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I just ordered the new dish today so I should have it by then.

Too bad no 1080...even though the game usually sucks, I would have watched it in HD.

I got the antenna up just in time to watch the simpsons in HD yesterday and it looked good...but the PBS channel was broadcasting in 1080 and it was incredible (my wife and myself both gasped when it came on)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Even though it's not HDTV, Fox's 480p widescreen broadcast of the Super Bowl should look much better than the standard NTSC 480i 4x3 broadcast. I will definitely be watching the digital broadcast.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I like how the article says one of their excuses is that cable doesn't offer HD feed. BS! I dunno about other areas of the country, but TimeWarner has the STB and everything. That's how I get Fox/Fox"HD" in the first place.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
well at least the olympics are in HD ...so far PBS is the only channel I have seen 1080

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks