HD DVD packaging kind of boring....

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JeffdDurborow, Oct 1, 2006.

1. JeffdDurborow

I might be in the minority but i hope in the near future we get some more interesting packaging for the HD DVD's.. I really like some of the SD-DVD packaging that some of the studios are throwing at us on some of their movies...not to say that when you put the HD movie in your player it doesn't kick the crap out of the orginal SD version [​IMG]

2. ppltd

ppltd Producer

I don't know, I kind of like the new packaging. The slightly smaller format makes storage, at least in my custom (nice term for home made) storage racks.

Thomas Eisenmann

3. Shaun

Shaun Second Unit

Actually, I've started noticing some variants on HD-DVD packaging lately. From what I've seen, both Fast and the Furious and 2 Fast 2 Furious are both packaged in the Blue-Ray style keepcase (HD-DVD red of course), instead of the usual HD-DVD keepcase.

4. dkny75

dkny75 Stunt Coordinator

Yeah they got rid of the little "feet" on the bottom of the old cases and have that latch on the side now. I don't mind the cases so much but I do wish they would have gotten some different artwork for the HD releases.

5. Harminder

Harminder Second Unit

I personally love the new packaging. It's saving me so much space on my shelves and I just really dig the design.

6. Jimjum27

Jimjum27 Agent

My only issue is with the cover art for the Universal discs. I just don't need that much silver. I guess it adds a futuristic edge(?), but I'd rather have the full image like Warners.