What's new

HD DVD packaging kind of boring.... (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Jeff Durboow
I might be in the minority but i hope in the near future we get some more interesting packaging for the HD DVD's.. I really like some of the SD-DVD packaging that some of the studios are throwing at us on some of their movies...not to say that when you put the HD movie in your player it doesn't kick the crap out of the orginal SD version
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

I don't know, I kind of like the new packaging. The slightly smaller format makes storage, at least in my custom (nice term for home made) storage racks.

Thomas Eisenmann

Shaun

Second Unit
Actually, I've started noticing some variants on HD-DVD packaging lately. From what I've seen, both Fast and the Furious and 2 Fast 2 Furious are both packaged in the Blue-Ray style keepcase (HD-DVD red of course), instead of the usual HD-DVD keepcase.

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
Yeah they got rid of the little "feet" on the bottom of the old cases and have that latch on the side now. I don't mind the cases so much but I do wish they would have gotten some different artwork for the HD releases.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
I personally love the new packaging. It's saving me so much space on my shelves and I just really dig the design.

Jimjum27

Agent
Real Name
Jim J.
My only issue is with the cover art for the Universal discs. I just don't need that much silver. I guess it adds a futuristic edge(?), but I'd rather have the full image like Warners.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks