What's new

Have a question about my new svs sub and my old 8in mirage sub (1 Viewer)

DeanQ

Stunt Coordinator
I just ordered a 25-31cs and a samson 700 amp. Should be here tomm. I still have my 1 yr old mirage powered 8 inch sub. If I wanted to add this sub into my exsisting system can I or would I want to even do that? Its only less than one yr old. Since its powered can I bypass its internal amp and let the samson push it? How can I wire this exsisting sub into my exsisting 5.1 system? What would you guys do? Scrap the old 8 incher into the closet or keep it in my system?

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
1) Try splitting the rca sub out to both amps, and run 'em both, in phase, for a bit of extra headroom. Side by side.

2) Use the hi-level speaker inputs and run the rears large thru the Mirage for a surround sub.

3) Same as 2 but do it for the center.

I did #1, not with an SV but it was COOL to have 2 going...

- CM

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
I would guess you are not getting clean deep bass with that mirage sub. You will be pleasantly surprised and probably mystified at what you were missing when you get that SVS.

The mirage to me seems like it is too small and it probably ends up reproducing harmonics instead of the real bass at the low end, it would probably mess up everything set for sub, I would try using it as a centre or rear sub for those speakers that would have less negative effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks