Have a chance to pick up a Mirage BPS-400 for $568 plus tax.Should I go for it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Wilmes, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Patrick Wilmes

Patrick Wilmes Stunt Coordinator

It's a demo model but that doesn't bother me.I also have to drive considerably to get it.I need a new sub bad and I need something that's going to fill a large room in my basement with lots of bass.

This sounded like a good deal to me but my wife thinks I'm crazy.I've read good things about this sub and wanted some opinions on whether I should go for it or not.Thanks.

2. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

This is a big sub. And you need a big room. Do you have one?

3. mark rush

mark rush Stunt Coordinator

If they give you a full warranty on it, look it over real good for damage, then demo it, if it passes then buy it! that would be a smoking deal! [but if your room is real big, and you like lots and lots of bass, you might need two subs} and retail is 1300.00 for the mirage bps-400

4. Jon Best

Jon Best Extra

I"d do it, Widescreen Review still uses them in a few of their setups, for LFE mainly I think, But I would jump on one at that price. They supposedly excel at both music/HT.

5. Andy Bell

Andy Bell Stunt Coordinator

Patrick,

I have a friend that I helped with purchasing his HT gear. We got him a BPS-400 which is set up in his basement. IMHO I consider this an awesome sub! As stated it is very large.
    Good Luck