What's new

Has anyone tried using a Marantz as a pre/pro and Rotel amp? (1 Viewer)

Arnie_A

Agent
Here is my equipment list:

B&W's all around, 603 mains, LCR60 center, 601 rears, all Series 3's, Velodyne CHT-10 all being driven by a Marantz SR6200.

I now feel the need to have "better" sound coming from the B&Ws. Should I keep the Marantz as a pre/pro and get a Rotel RMB-1075 as an amp or simply replace the Marantz Receiver with a Rotel 1065?

My main motivation for an "upgrade" is to have a little louder yet more accurate sounds coming from the speakers.

Any/all suggestions and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Get the amp. Remember it takes doubling of the watts to get a 3db increase at 1m. What the amp will give you is a more detailed, and enveloping sound from your speakers that the Marantz just couldn't do. Amps are designed to do one thing well and thats power speakers with plenty of reserve for those heavy intense transients. Receivers have to do a lot with little inside

Kevin

Arnie_A

Agent
Kevin, thanks for the input. There shouldn't be any problems of any sort when the Marantz drives the amp? Is that a silly question?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks