Has anyone experiencing buzzing sound from H/K avr510?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Lam Nguyen, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Lam Nguyen

Lam Nguyen Stunt Coordinator

My Harman Kardon avr510 makes this buzzing sound sometimes when it is first turned on, after a few minutes, the receiver gets warmer and the buzzing goes away. This doesn't happen all the time, just more likely if I haven't use it in a while. This is something I have noticed for over a year now but it never really bother me too much, just wondering any knows what is going on. Thanks in advanced.

2. JohnSer

JohnSer Stunt Coordinator

Lam,

Is the buzzing coming from receiver or from the speakers? A buzzing sound from the receiver might be a slightly loose part of the chassis or heatsink, or sometimes a component. If it is hum from the speakers (all channels), there is service bulletin on that model. A cap in the regulated power supply is recommended to be changed. See your closest HK service center.

JohnS

3. Lam Nguyen

Thanks JohnSer,
    The buzzing is definately coming from the receiver, while the buzzing is going on, the sound coming out of the speakers sounds fine. What can I do?

4. JohnSer

JohnSer Stunt Coordinator

Lam, use your hand to dampen the outside parts of the chassis. If it makes a difference in the noise, try tightening down the chassis screws. Sometimes transformers will make a slight buzzing noise. But, if it is something inside, its time to take it to a tech, or just live with it.

JohnS

5. Lam Nguyen

Thanks JohnSer,

Definately not the chassis, it goes away when the amp get warm. I should contact HK.
    Good Day! [​IMG]