What's new

Has any Canadians received their replacement discs from Warners Superman Set ?? (1 Viewer)

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
arthurjulius
Has any Canadians received their mailers yet from Warners ?--for the disc blunder because after waiting 5 weeks I got back to the 1 800 number ( third time), and this time was told that Warner Bros Canada was not doing the same phone in as the US is. What !!!!

I then given a 1-877-832-9959 number and that number then gave me an email address ( [email protected]) as well as a fax number to be used by Canadian replacement orders .

it is the only number so if its busy you have to redial again and again and again,, no wait times as the 1 800 has numerous lines..

Now I am reading on amazon.ca that even if you register on that email address, a week can go by with no follow thru from that
[email protected] email address.

Looks like I'm going to have to go thru Warners home video head office here in Vancouver.
Sheeshh..... what an ordeal ..

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
arthurjulius
-----------( okay got the scoop today from Warner Home Video Sales dept.: ) ---------

For Superman customers living in Canada, you need to follow the instructions at 1-877-832-9959.

This problem was not anticipated and it has taken a while to get all the correct components
together for a proper exchange.

[email protected] now has the pre-paid mailers and corrected product in their possession and are
ready to start moving on the exchanges.

They hope to have all the requests for pre-paid envelopes sent out by the end of this week (Jan. 12, 2007)
The exchange program will go on for a while as not all customers who bought product were immediately
aware of the problem.

We are sorry for the delay in this and any other problems you may have encountered.

Customer Service
Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada Inc.

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
I already have a confirmation number with Warner in the states. I just emailed the address you posted and sent in my name with my shipping information. Should I call as well? I am getting a bit tired of calling and re-setting up my info everytime.

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator

I would. Though I'm not certain, I wouldn't be surprised if Warner in the U.S. instructed whoever's handling the replacement to disregard Canadian requests since we now have our own process to go through. I called and gave my info back on December 20th to the U.S. number and still haven't received even my mailer yet, so I think it's a good bet I won't be.

If you call the number above all they tell you is to email the address above or fax in your info, so you won't have to wait on hold for an operator or anything. In fact, now you don't have to call at all...just email your info to the address.

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
arthurjulius

Well that's just it,, I got my confirmation number back on December 3rd 06,, and like I said in my post ; after 5 weeks of waiting I was told that the USA was not honoriong Canadian confirmations and you now have to 're-register' or 'email your request' in to the address I've given.

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
Well even if this process has been incredibly sloppy this side of the border, hopefully this is the final step to finally getting replacements.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
thanks for this!!1

I've been wondering about when I would be getting the envelopes from the yanks!!

I emailed, and also asked about the "Tom & Jerry" sets. I'm yet to get the replacement envelopes for those either.

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
arthurjulius

Well that's great news !!,, You are the first one that I know of to have reported this. I'm still waiting for my mailers, and I was the one who posted this news last week.,
Maybe cause I live on the West coast I have to wait longer for the mule train to come thru the mountains...

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
mine just arrived. I emailed on the 12th. I'm in Edmonton.

On the email, I asked about the T&J exchange, I haven't heard anything on that yet.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
I received my mailers on Monday, 01/22/07. I will be mailing them my discs back tomorrow 01/25/07 and hope to get them soon.

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
I sent the email to Warner's on Jan 16, and received the mailer on Jan 23. I'll be mailing the discs back on the 25th... I post when I receive the replacements.

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
arthurjulius

sent my request in Jan 9th , received the mailers only in the Post Jan 24th, sent the discs back today, will post when received.

IanS

Stunt Coordinator
got my replacement Superman Disc 1 today and by accident..they shipped me a Superman III Disc. Not sure if this is the main disc or a goody disc.

Ian

IanS

Stunt Coordinator
what made it even sweeter initially, .when I bought Superman: The Movie: 4 Disc set originally at FutureShop in Montreal...was that it was on FS's web site for $14.99 the day the collection was released..but in store at $32.99 each. Web price discrepancy. Of course they changed the web pricing about 5 hours later, but not before I let a few buddies know about the error. You see, in Quebec..if there is a price discrepancy..FS takes $10.00 off the incorrect posted price. I got the collection for $4.99.
Same thing happened same day with Superman 2: Collectors at Best Buy..in store advertised at $24.99 but on the web for $13.99. I managed to get that one for $3.99 each.

BTW...This only works for things that are advertised at under $40 or less I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks