What's new

Harry Potter deleted scenes and 3D Hogwarts tour (Lots of images, possible spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Warner put up a page with videos showing clips from the Potter deleted scenes and the 3D Hogwarts tour. The deleted scenes on the disc run for about 10 minutes and are titled:
Dudley's Uniform
harrypotter_delscene01.jpg

Cracking Eggs
harrypotter_delscene02.jpg

Tube Ride
harrypotter_delscene03.jpg

After Troll
harrypotter_delscene04.jpg

Harry's Meditation
harrypotter_delscene05.jpg

Finding Flamel
harrypotter_delscene06.jpg

Snape's Class
harrypotter_delscene07.jpg

The 3D Hogwarts tour is using some new technology from iPix that looks like a limited version of Quicktime VR:
harrypotter_3dtour01.jpg

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm. As much of a fan of the books as I am, why do I feel like these deleted scenes won't exactly set the world on fire?

I hope they're more interesting than some of them appear to be. The one with Hagrid probably will be all right; it's on the line of what I'd like to see more of: the parts of the book not shown that really make a difference in Harry's adventures. More with the letters arriving and Hagrid's introducing Harry to the wizarding world and the shopping at Diagon Alley, for starters. More of a look at life at Hogwarts, both in and out of classes (like the Snape's class scene will). More of the backstory with Voldemort's orginal defeat and the celebration of the wizarding world over it. More bits and pieces with Ron's family.

That sort of thing. The bit about Harry having to re-use Dudley's uniform is an okay example of how the Dursley's mistreated Harry, and that's good background too, but I think the movie communicated that well enough.

The Flamel scene will be welcome; it will help filmwatchers know Dumbledore better, perhaps as good as the bookreaders do.

The best deleted scenes would communicate more about story parts that will be essential to the sequels, but got left out due to time constraints on the first film.

Oh, well...they're not gonna change now, I suppose.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And where's Peeves? They reportedly shot his scenes, but they weren't in the movie and they're (seemingly) not among the deleted scenes. Are they going to cut him out of the entire series?

He's rather pivotal in a few scenes, such as

At the discovery of one of the petrified bodies in "Chamber" and distracting Filch from punishing Harry (though I guess he's more heard than seen there, but he's still identified).

not to mention providing a fair amount of the comic relief throughout all the books (as do Fred & George Weasley, who were also basically ignored in the first film).

Are they going to cut Peeves from the entire series?

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Apparently Peeves shows up in the second film. From what I heard, they couldn't get him to look right, and decided to just drop him from the first film since he wasn't too important.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks