What's new

Harry Potter COS glitch (1 Viewer)

shane_watson

Stunt Coordinator
i just picked up chamber of secrets and im having problems with it,the frames will freeze and pixelate right after the cribbage battle(good sound btw)and will not play the rest of that chapter, if anyone has this problem with thier disc let me know,i may have a bad copy,all my other 50 dvds play fine so its not the player.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Sounds like it could be a player problem. Or a disc problem. Or a movie problem, because I don't recall cribbage being played in the movie. :)

The layer switch is way after the quidditch match, so it's not that. I think you have a disc problem.

- Steve

shane_watson

Stunt Coordinator
cribbage.............quidditch whats the dif.im taking my disc back to exchange it tonight but if anyone has the movie see if your disc has the same problem.;)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
It could be a player/disc compatibility issue which frequently pops up around these parts which is why it's common to let us know what your player is. That way, if several people with the same player have the same problem something can be done about it.

I was in the checkout at Futureshop and 2 people a father and a women, and they had the fullscreen versions, They didn't know the differece, I told them that the full screen cropped the movie by 50% so they both got the widescreen (at leas the father did).

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Incidentally, I once took a bottle to the head during a cribbage match. I don't remember there being any surround sound... and I woke up with no pants. And the bizarre thing is... I don't know how to play cribbage.

Oh wait, maybe I was just drunk. :D

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Shane,

I also had a problem with mine too. Pixelated at the 1:07:46 mark and would really break up bad. But solved the problem real easy. I took the disc out & gave it a gentle wipe down and it played fine after that. So give that a shot.

Joe

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Tried to different players, and right at 1:08 it runs into a major freeze/glitch that lasts a few seconds and then another stoppage in the seen in which harry/ron are confronted while they pretend to be crab/goyle..

Occurred on:

A toshiba 5 Disc DVD-Changer
a Panasonic 5 Disc DVD-Changer

*gah!*

Ryan Wong

Stunt Coordinator
I am having a Region 3 COS DVD. I realised the bitrate English Dolby Digital EX track for my DVD is only 384kbps.

Can someone who bought Region 1 version tell me whether it is 448kbps or just 384kbps for Region 1 English Dolby Digital EX track?

If it is 488kbps then I might need to buy Region 1 version again. Thanks.

shane_watson

Stunt Coordinator
traded for another disc this morning,i just watched the chapter that was freezing on my old disc, no problems at all,i havent had a chance to see if i have any problems with the rest of the movie,thanks for everyones heads up on this.

greg_t

Screenwriter
According to Widescreen Review, the Dolby Digital is 384kbps for Region 1. Warner doesn't seem to like 448kbps Dolby, which is a good question to ask during the chat with Warner.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
The region 1 disc is actually coded for regions 1 and 4 BTW- I'm such a geek that I always check this stuff. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks