What's new

Had flood. Need purchasing advise/configuration (1 Viewer)

dusterdust

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Donovan
Hey guys,So....I had a pipe break and a flooded basement. Insurance will be taking care of most/all of it.Anyhow this is what was destroyed/what survived.Destroyed:Denon AVR-X4000Klipsh 112B SubPolk FXIA4'sPS4,3,2 + WIU(probably) survived:Polk RTIA5'sPolk CSIA6Energy CB10's (were being used as heights)Anyhow, the way the insurance works is they will allow me to get same/similar items at today's cost w/o depreciation.I'm thinking of getting whatever replaces the X4000 (X4100?) when it comes out in the summer or whenever, as I really liked my X4000 and XT32.I liked that Sub, so I'll probably just replace it (as it was sitting in water)The game systems all will get replaced.That leaves the Polk FXIA4's.I didn't mind the FXIA4's, but we are going to be knocking out a wall to have much larger HT room. Before we had our couches against the walls and those speakers on the rear wall set up in bipole mode.Now I'm thinking with all the space, that we will be having out couches in the middle area with room BEHIND it.So. Should I get some monopoles for a similar price? (est 300$)I'm thinking I have a few options (see attached 3d model of room after renos I made)1. Get the FXIA4's, put them as side surrounds in DIPOLE and use my CB10's as rear's.2. Get a set of monopoles and use them with the CB10's as side/rear surrounds.3. Get a set of monopoles and do a front height config again.Anyhow. I don't listen to a whole lot of music, mostly gaming and netflix.If someone could give me some advice on the best thing to do in my situation for THIS space it would be appreciated...I'm pretty sure, if need be, I can spend the difference on replacement items to upgrade.Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Downstairs.jpg
    Downstairs.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 62

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks