What's new

H/K AVR7200 question (1 Viewer)

TonyWright

Second Unit
Does anyone know if the AVR7200 firmware is upgradable via it's RS-232 port? If so, are there any upgrades available for it? Also, where would one find these upgrades and how are they installed?

Does anyone know if there is an upgrade planned to add Dolby Pro-Logic IIx to the 7200? I had read that this is in the works for the 630 and the 430.

Finally, does anyone know if the 7200 has the same audio dropout issues as the 630 and 430 when switching audio layers on a DVD?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tony Wright

Luitz

Stunt Coordinator
Well I couldnt see it on there web site.
If you bought a reciever that has a RS232 and its for that porpose you would think they would?
http://www.harmankardon.com/product_...ervice&#active
Maybe you should email or phone them. Tell them you want the upgrade cuase thats why you bought it.

Post what they say. Nice to see what the do.
Its either :frowning: or :D

Holy how good is the spl meter in the remote?? Does it work?

TonyWright

Second Unit
I don't actually have it yet. I am interested in picking one up so I am trying to find out if it is the right move.

I had the same trouble finding firmware upgrades on H/K's website.

I hope there are firmware upgrades and I hope they plan on releasing an upgrade to add Pro-Logic IIx.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
According to an insert that I received with my AVR-7200, the RS-232 port is meant for H/K service only - and not for user interfacing. I do believe that H/K does have the capability to update the firmware via the port and the insert was just supplied to keep people from connecting RS-232 interfaces up to the receiver.

But, I think it would be quite unlikely that H/K would release Pro Logic IIx for the AVR-7200. Since newer models are out, I'll be willing to bet that their focus is on those products rather than updating products that are being phased out.

With that being said, it would still be nice if they offered the upgrade for a nominal fee (e.g. $50 or $75). If such an update was offered, it would be best to drive the receiver to your nearest authorized H/K service center and have the activity performed there. I don't think one would want to put their 63 Lb. receiver in the hands of UPS to get it to H/K.

Davey_T

Stunt Coordinator
I notice that the 7300 has IIx. I'm very curious as well to find out if a IIx upgrade for the 7200 is planned. That's the only thing keeping me from running out and buying one at OneCall right now.

Thanks in advance if anyone digs anything up on this!

Dave

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
There won't be ANY upgrades for the 7200 according to several email exchanges from HK (ref AVS Forum). Seems like that RS232 port was just for show. I decided to stick with my old Sony DB930 since I wil continue doing 5.1 anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks