What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 may not quite reach the levels of freshness and attitude that distinguished its surprising parent film, but this latest installment still manages to pack a more than adequate amount of entertainment value within its confines.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:
Region:

Release Date:
MSRP:

The Production:

Video:
3D Rating:

Audio:

Special Features:

Overall:

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Matt Hough

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 UHD Review
guardiangalaxy2top5-1-1024x540.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 may not quite reach the levels of freshness and attitude that distinguished its surprising parent film, but this latest installment still manages to pack a more than adequate amount of entertainment value within its confines.

[review]

Excellent!!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
The included digital copy is 4K. So glad Disney is starting to release films on UHD!

Is that confirmed now? There were several early expectations that the DMA copy was only 1080p and the only way to get the 4K copy was to buy it separately.

If so, then so much the better and so much for believing advance information even when attributed to Disney people

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Matt Hough

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 UHD Review
guardiangalaxy2top5-1-1024x540.jpg

[review]
IMO, this film is deeper than the first one which might cause it to be less entertaining to some people.

I'll be picking up my pre-ordered 4K/3-D combo from BB tomorrow morning so this will be my third and possibly my fourth viewing of this film as I compare the 4K/UHD disc to the 3-D one.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Often Disney Digital codes won't redeem until release day. You can buy it separately, but not redeem the code if you happen to get it early.

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
I don't want to sabotage HTF but the Amazon link is apparently to a third party seller whose price is double the BB price with target even cheaper.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Because Amazon isn't selling Disney again/yet. If it follows course, sometime during the day or week it will flip back to available directly from Amazon, but hopefully by then everyone who wants it will have gotten it someplace else
EDIT: 11:40 ET It appears Amazon at least briefly has stock to be ordered again

Posted in the Weekly Deals thread, but for those interested in the 3D/4K Best Buy exclusive, it's now open for shipping. The Store pickup option opened for most stores a little after 1am ET as expected.

FS at $35. If you have nothing else and shop at BBY anyway, then a $15 GC works nicely to save the shipping charge. Also if you prefer store pickup -- add to your cart as shipping and during checkout change to store pickup to save $1

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I preordered mine from BB the day it was first available for preorders. It did not ship. I received an email today that it was being delayed, with no further details.

I really hate this retailer exclusive stuff. It's not right that they can't even fill their "day one" preorders. I don't have a local Best Buy (except for a semi-local one nearly an hour away that never has anything in stock and lies about it when you call) so I guess I just don't get this release?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I preordered mine from BB the day it was first available for preorders. It did not ship. I received an email today that it was being delayed, with no further details.

I really hate this retailer exclusive stuff. It's not right that they can't even fill their "day one" preorders. I don't have a local Best Buy (except for a semi-local one nearly an hour away that never has anything in stock and lies about it when you call) so I guess I just don't get this release?
Josh,

This morning I picked my pre-ordered disc up at BB and my local BB had plenty of discs on display Blu-ray and the 4K/UHD + 3-D releases.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Josh,

This morning I picked my pre-ordered disc up at BB and my local BB had plenty of discs on display Blu-ray and the 4K/UHD + 3-D releases.

Thanks, Robert, I appreciate that.

My problem is that my local Best Buy is terrible. The manager once laughed in my face for expecting them to have a retailer exclusive the day it came out ("if you're not waiting on line before the store opens, you're not getting one"). More than once, I've went there because the website said it was in stock or because an employee on the phone said they had it, and then when I get there, not only is the item gone, but the salespeople tell me they didn't have it at all that day, or it sold out well before the time I actually called. I am not willing to travel nearly in an hour in both directions for yet another repeat of that experience.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It is the specific reason that I will not visit a Best Buy store, and will only order online from them if there is no other option. They don't deserve my business.

That manager actually said to me on one of those visits, "It is in stock, it's just sold out right now." The man would literally not give one inch and would not admit that an item could not be "in stock" and "sold out" at the same time.

Sadly, I half expected this when I placed the preorder.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You would think that they would ensure that an exclusive is in stock for at least 3 days at the absolute minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks