What's new

Great article by Ralph Wiley on the whole Sosa/Reilly blow-up (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
The title of the article is "Unfair fight got Sammy all Riled Up," but it might as well be called, "RW bitch-slaps the whole world on behalf of all sportswriters." It's a great article, and it contains a great Godfather parody at the end, featuring PTI's own Kornheiser and Wilbon.
Edit: Yeah, guess I might want to include the link here, huh? http://espn.go.com/page2/s/wiley/020705.html

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Great read, Andrew. I didn't realize Rick Reilly was causing trouble again. After some digging, I was able to find the original article, that which almost saw an exploded Sammy:
Link Removed
I'm hot and cold on Reilly, but you have to admit this guy doesn't shy away from asking the questions that trigger some wonderful responses.
Maybe Sosa feels he would undermine his union's bargaining power if he had himself tested. But when I asked him if that's why he didn't want to do it, he again mentioned, rather crisply, "You're not my father."
No, but if I were, I'd tell him to get tested. And I'd say it to Barry Bonds and anybody else who says he cares about the game. If they've got nothing to hide, why wait?
True, it would take some large cojones. Of course, if these players are on steroids, they lost those a long time.
Ouch. But, with another strike looming, and with Caminetti's (sp?) assertion that greater than 50% of players on steroids, baseball is not doing itself any favors.
I love baseball. Er, I used to love baseball. But if either one of these issues are not addressed and reconciled with the public, we could see the status of this sport reduced to the ranks of badminton.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks