What's new

Grease 3 ? (1 Viewer)

Reni D

Stunt Coordinator
This morning driving to work I hear on a local station that John Travolta and Olivia Newton John are teaming up to reprice there rolls of Grease.
This is the first I hear of this. Has anyone heared anything on weather this is true or not ?

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Well I know that there have been rumours for years of a third entry and the cast has always mused over what would have happened with the chacaters.

I think that it would be interesting, but don't know if it would hold the interest of a movie-movie...Maybe a movie of the week....I could be wrong, but after Grease 2, there are many still trying to get over that one.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
A 40th anniversary Rydell High class reunion might be interesting, if only for the grotesqueness.

Reni D

Stunt Coordinator
I just found it odd when I heard it I just can't picture Travolta dacing and Singing as did 25 years ago.There just to old.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
Grease 3 will feature such hits as:
"Geezer Lighting"
"Look at me, I've Got False Teeth"
"Nursing Home Dropout"
"Senile Lovin'"

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
There was once a rumor that Britney Spears was going to be in a 'Grease 3' centering around Danny and Sandy's kids.

It never went beyond rumor, and after Newton-John's well publicized lawsuit over song royalties I can't see this getting much further than that.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
GREASE 2 was so wonderful I think they should do more.;)
Another sequel would take place in the mid 1980s! I think this would flop worse than GREASE 2 did. Please, if they DO do it, no NSYNC members should be allowed...

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Oh, come on. Grease 2 wasn't so bad. If we nit-picked about all of the problems with both movies, we'd have to conclude that they both sucked by comparison.
Was it as good as the first one? Absolutely not.
Was it as bad as "Superman IV"? Absolutely not. :D
As I mentioned in a similar Grease 2-bashing thread several months ago, if we were to look at every song and equate one bad line to meaning that the whole song was bad, both movies would be utterly deviod of musical value.
My main gripe with Grease 2 is that I've never seen the f**king thing in WIDESCREEN!! :angry: :angry: :angry: I'd buy a widescreen DVD in a heartbeat just to be able to see it in widescreen!!

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I would rather watch SUPERMAN IV three times in a row than watch GREASE 2!

The songs were awful, the dancing badly staged and terribly forced,not to mention the fact that the cast couldn't hold the thing together. GREASE, for the most part, worked. GREASE 2, for the most part, did not.

One thing is for sure. Widescreen is a must. Gotta see every inch of that fantastic bowling number...

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I think the get together was just for the reunion show that they did. It was on ET or Extra(I always confuse them) and the cast rehashed all of the songs on stage. Man, Danny(John) sure can't sing like he used to :) but Olivia could sure still sing.

Ryan FB

Second Unit
Sadly enough, it appears to be materializing...
Kylie for Grease 3
January 23, 2003
OLIVIA Newton-John and John Travolta have signed up for Grease 3 - with Kylie Minogue to play their teenage daughter, reports say.
Newton-John wanted her daughter Chloe, 16, to appear with her in the movie, in which her character Sandy and Travolta's character Danny return to Rydell High for a 20-year reunion.
But studio chiefs have signed Minogue, 34, to play the teenager instead, British newspaper the Daily Star says.
"Kylie definitely doesn't look anything like her age and shouldn't have any problem playing a teenager," an insider told the paper.
"Anyway, it's worked before because Olivia was 30 herself when she played Sandy in 1978." Grease was a worldwide hit.
But Grease 2, starring Michelle Pfeiffer and Maxwell Caulfield, flopped.
Original cast members Newton-John, 54, Travolta, and Stockard Channing, who played Rizzo, have agreed to appear, the paper said.
"I had tea with John the other day and he is really interested," Newton-John was quoted as saying.
"Grease 2 didn't work because they didn't use us."
There was no indication of when filming would start.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't going to comment about this. But, you can't tell me they cannot find a talented singer/dancer who is at least close to being a teenager. I think 34 is a little to old (and before anyone says anything. I am 34).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks