What's new

Good jogging headphones? (1 Viewer)

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Just got a new personal CD player for Christmas (Aiwa w/48 second buffer, works great!). The headphones I got go around the back of the head and over the ears. Quality not that great. Any other recommendations? Like those yellow SONY in ear with headband.

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
For around $30 or so get the Koss KSC35 phones. The earpieces are large, not in-the-ear, but instead of a band each earpiece has its own over-the-ear clip. Looks a little strange, but supposed to work very well.
I haven't seen these in the usual places (e.g., Circuit City) for some reason, but they are easily available from several Internet sites.
Also, check out www.goodcans.com.

JamesDR

Auditioning
Merry Christmas. I run all the time and use headphones called ear huggers. They are very light and hang over your ears -- there is no headband. They never slip although they do wear out after a few months. I buy them by the dozen and throw them out. I get the cheap model -- no volume control or any of that stuff because it breaks when it gets bounced around in my bag. They will start rusting after a couple of months too if you are not careful about drying the off. I buy the cheapies for about 5-6 bucks a pair by the dozen and a dozen lasts a long time. They are not "great quality" headphones but if you crank up the music they are good enough for me. Plus if you get any more removed from the surroundings I find I am more likely to get run over or not notice a dog bearing down on me. I even tried the "in-your-ear" audiophile "phones" and couldn't stand them in my ears when I am running. I can barely wear them on an airplane. For running, get the cheap earhuggers. They never fall off or pull out.

Hope this helps.

jdr

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks