What's new

Good deals on QSC RMX power amps... (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Damn it Jack. Now you've got me seriously thinking about a BPD1803 in a 340L enclosured tuned to 16hz with an 8" port powered by one of those. I figure the BP1803 doesn't really make any sense until you can throw 800+ watts at it, and I didn't think 800+ watts could be had for $299.
I must resist the temptation. Must resist. Must save money to upgrade other speakers first. Be happy with Tempest in little room. Must be happy.
Seriously though, is that just a little marketing thing and the price is almost always 299, or is this gonna be a one time thing we will never see again?
That Behringer pro headphone amp looks neat too. But I only need a quarter of it, grrr.
------------------
Dustin
[email protected]
My Adire Tempest Sonosub
[Edited last by Dustin B on November 07, 2001 at 02:17 PM]

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
That damn RMX2450 is calling my name! For only $599 and 2400 watts I don't think I can do any better! Dammit Jack! Damn YOU! :)
Brian
P.S. I keep hoping to find a Crown K2 used!

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
:)
Seriously, those prices are the lowest I've ever seen by about $100 from an authorized dealer. The 850 is $400 everywhere else, PE, Markertek,etc.
For a LT 1803, I'd make the $100 jump up to the 1450, 1400w @ 4ohms.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Ellen. Hmm, I wonder if this line is being discontinued, or one's prices are merely in reaction to the other's? Either way, good time to be in the market. :)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys! I knew something looked very familiar about these prices. So I went over www.123dj.com and sure enough these prices match exactly! The only difference is that this is 123dj's regular pricing on these amps. Also, notice the large font lettering at the bottom stating "We Beat Any Price!" You might be able to get these amps even cheaper through them.
Here's a link for you!
http://www.123dj.com/amps/qsc/index.html
Brian

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
quote: Does anyone know how noisy the fan is on this unit?[/quote]
From what I gather, it's not especially quiet. I think some guy on AVS mentioned this about the 2450.
Brian, I posted that link in this thread . The prices are the same, but according to John Gordon from QSC, they are not an authorized dealer. I assume you'd be out of the three year warrantee in addition to missing out on the 1 year extended that AMS is offering.
OT: Browsing that AMS site rekindled my longing for one of these . Man, I've always been a sucker for gold-tops.
[Edited last by Jack Gilvey on November 08, 2001 at 08:41 AM]

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I got a chance to check out a few of the QSC PLX series at a Guitar Center yesterday. They were just idling in the rack, but the fan noise was fairly noticeable from a few feet away. I don't know how this compares to other pro amps, the only places I've used them have been in rehearsal studios and at gigs where I was more concerned with communing with a Marshall half-stack.
"Don't bother with that mic, pal, I'll just turn it up."

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jack,
The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to hold out for a used Crown K2. If not, then I guess I'll spring for a new one. It's my understanding that someone over at AVS has a contact with Guitar Center that can get the K2 new for around $1100, if I remember correctly. I can't remember who the guy is offhand though.
Brian

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jack,
I had a guy at Guitar Center offer me the store demo for $980. I didn't have the money to spend at the time. I should have taken it! He said they were discontinuing them. He kept trying to sell me a QSC instead!
If it wasn't Guitar Center maybe it was Mars. I'll have to check AVS to be sure!
Brian

Bob Sorel

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a used K2 in mint condition for $800, but those deals are few and far between. I also missed a few other used ones for around $900, but since you guys seem serious about buying one, I will be sure to let you know when another deal pops up. BTW, $1100 to $1150 is about right for a new one if you look real hard.

J

John Morris

I got my K2 at Parker Music in Houston for $1142. A neighbor of mine who is the regional Crown rep said that they have one of the lowest prices in the country? I don't know if they ship though? Their phone number is 281-820-0031 .
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
Link Removed
God Bless America!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks