What's new

Good 3 channel amp for my front stage ? - I want nuetral to warm sound (1 Viewer)

Chip E

Screenwriter
Any suggestions guy's ? I run a Denon 5803. Nothing bright please. Like in the header, something nuetral to warm sounding. At least 200 WPC. I figure the front three would be a good way to start and let the 5803 handle the surround's for now. Thanks!

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Either the Rotel RB993 or the Acurus a200x3 are very good choices for three channel amps, and each one does at least 200 watts per channel 8 ohms. Both of these amps are neutral to warm sounding. The only thing is that used these amps sell for about $700-800 each, so you might be better served looking for a good 2 channel amp and a good monoblock to power your center.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Thanks guy's, my speakers are PSB Stratus Silveri 's, C6i center, Image 10S surround's & an SVS 20-39PC sub.

Chip E

Screenwriter
If a mod would move this thread for me to receiver's & amps, i'd appreciate it. I made a mistake posting it here. Sorry, and thanks.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
I find that B&K makes good amps with a slightly warm sound.Check out their website for which model suits your needs.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Chip.. There is also a Sherbourn 3 channel amp there too at audiogon.com.

I have no affiliation with the seller. I was looking for a 3 channel myself at one time and saw it there.

Good Luck,
Charles

Nico

Stunt Coordinator
Take a look at these:
MB-100/LeAmp
www.irdaudio.com
http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/norhleamp_e.html.
$750 shipped.
If you have the budget, check out Stratos HT3
http://www.odysseyaudio.com/products.html
Lots of reviews at http://www.harmonicdiscord.com/forums/
$1500 shipped. $1625 with cap upgrade.
Or three of their mono block.
I suggest for you to be patient before committing to buy. Watt does not mean everything. There are so many great amps out there, but above are of great value IMO.
Good Luck,
Nico

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I agree with Nico as most standalone amps rated at 70% of most AVRs seem much more powerful from what I've listened too as well though one of the problems you may encounter is having enough outlets to run all the gear.

Alex F.

Second Unit
We have had great success in our theater room with Adcom's three-channel GFA-5503 MOSFET amp (high current, 200 watts/ch. @ 8 ohms, 350 @ 4 ohms). Slightly on the warm side of neutral and liquid (typical for a MOSFET amp), it is very smooth, clean, fast, detailed, and quiet, along with superb soundstaging and imaging. Reliable and rugged, with very high build quality (ours is made in USA), it is excellent for HT and critical music listening alike.

If not available for a local audition, check out the trusty folks at Audioadvisor.com.

Happy listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks