What's new

Gilmore Girls Glitch (1 Viewer)

Hank E

Stunt Coordinator
On the season 1 set of Gilmore Girls I noticed a strange thing: on disc 3, episode 9 (Rory's Dance), the time skips ahead between the end of chapter 2 and the start of chapter 3. It jumps from 12:07 to 17:34. The same thing happens on disc 4, episode 13: between chapters 2 & 3 it jumps from 13:45 to 17:17. The episodes end around the 44 minute mark, like all the others, so I'm not sure what's going on.
Either scenes have been cut and they skipped ahead to cover the lost time in hopes no one would notice, or these were just really short episodes.. and they skipped ahead to cover the lost time in hopes no one would notice.

Has anyone else noticed this? Do I have defective discs? It was just a flook that I glanced over at the time when it skipped. The rest of the episodes on disc 4 are normal, but I'm not sure about the rest of the set.

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator
I remember the glitch too, but I think I would've noticed a missing scene and well I didn't.

You can check with the Transcript that can be found here:
http://www.gilmore-girls.net/episode...cripts/09.html

I think it's just something wrong with the internal clock (or whatever it's called) on the DVD.
I actually just tried it and if you fast-forward a bit over the 12:07 mark at the end of act two (after the lorelai/emily phonecall) you get to chapter three with the right time.

John*P

Second Unit
I didn't notice that glitch...BUT some episodes on my Season 1 set are about 48 minutes long, (according to the DVD timer) while others are about 44 minutes...I dunno what that's all about. The normal time for a 60 minute show nowadays without commercials is 44 minutes I think. Maybe it has something to do with this glitch...???

I really don't think the episodes are edited, to be honest. I haven't heard any Gilmore Girls fans complain about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks