What's new

Pre-Order Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81pSGPm3qjL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I was wondering when this would be released! Perhaps my iTunes HD copy will get bumped up to 4K, although I'm not sure if that happens with HBO stuff. :)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I was wondering when this would be released! Perhaps my iTunes HD copy will get bumped up to 4K, although I'm not sure if that happens with HBO stuff. :)
It doesn’t. :(

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well, at least it looks pretty darned good in HD. ;)

It really does!

I binge-watched this projected on my 110" screen and commented many times in the original season thread how impressed I was with how beautiful this looked on Blu-ray.

Unless the price comes down substantially, I am not looking to buy this in 4k. I do have Season 1 and 8 on 4k disc already, though

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I might buy it on iTunes, whenever, it's listed in 4K and is reasonably priced. What's the release date?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I cannot see buying this, either. I already have all eight seasons via streaming on iTunes (plus seasons 1-7 on Vudu), as a friend gave me his codes from the BD's for 1-7 and I bought 8 for $15. Between the high cost, the shelf space taken, and the investment in time to re-watch the series, I'll pass. This is not something I will be watching over and over again. I can find a time for a 2 hour favorite film easily, but series like these take an investment of many, many hours to re-watch. I have several complete TV series on disc or digital that I have not gotten through even once yet, so cannot justify upgrading these.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I cannot see buying this, either. I already have all eight seasons via streaming on iTunes (plus seasons 1-7 on Vudu), as a friend gave me his codes from the BD's for 1-7 and I bought 8 for $15. Between the high cost, the shelf space taken, and the investment in time to re-watch the series, I'll pass. This is not something I will be watching over and over again. I can find a time for a 2 hour favorite film easily, but series like these take an investment of many, many hours to re-watch. I have several complete TV series on disc or digital that I have not gotten through even once yet, so cannot justify upgrading these.
Hell, I might wait to see if HBO Max upgrades to 4K and see them there.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Hell, I might wait to see if HBO Max upgrades to 4K and see them there.
That's a wise plan for those people who subscribe to that service. It's been over 31 years since I've had an HBO subscription (other than a couple of free trials to watch a new Game of Thrones season), so that's not an option for me. I'm okay with the HD streaming versions I currently have, though.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I might buy it on iTunes, whenever, it's listed in 4K and is reasonably priced. What's the release date?
I finally bought this 4K disc box for $118.42 plus tax which is quite a bit cheaper than the $255 MSRP. A surprise purchase because I was able to purchase it on Gruv's site using the SIGNUP20 coupon to get 20% off their $148.02 pricing. Several Warner titles are now being sold on Gruv. including the "Singin' in the Rain" 4K disc that you can purchase for $19.99 using that same 20% coupon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks