Pre-Order Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection (4k UHD) Available for Preorder

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81pSGPm3qjL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Reactions: dpippel

dpippel

HTF Premium Member
Premium
Real Name
Doug
I was wondering when this would be released! Perhaps my iTunes HD copy will get bumped up to 4K, although I'm not sure if that happens with HBO stuff. :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well, at least it looks pretty darned good in HD. ;)
It really does!

I binge-watched this projected on my 110" screen and commented many times in the original season thread how impressed I was with how beautiful this looked on Blu-ray.

Unless the price comes down substantially, I am not looking to buy this in 4k. I do have Season 1 and 8 on 4k disc already, though

Reactions: dpippel

Scott Merryfield

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
I cannot see buying this, either. I already have all eight seasons via streaming on iTunes (plus seasons 1-7 on Vudu), as a friend gave me his codes from the BD's for 1-7 and I bought 8 for $15. Between the high cost, the shelf space taken, and the investment in time to re-watch the series, I'll pass. This is not something I will be watching over and over again. I can find a time for a 2 hour favorite film easily, but series like these take an investment of many, many hours to re-watch. I have several complete TV series on disc or digital that I have not gotten through even once yet, so cannot justify upgrading these.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
I cannot see buying this, either. I already have all eight seasons via streaming on iTunes (plus seasons 1-7 on Vudu), as a friend gave me his codes from the BD's for 1-7 and I bought 8 for $15. Between the high cost, the shelf space taken, and the investment in time to re-watch the series, I'll pass. This is not something I will be watching over and over again. I can find a time for a 2 hour favorite film easily, but series like these take an investment of many, many hours to re-watch. I have several complete TV series on disc or digital that I have not gotten through even once yet, so cannot justify upgrading these.
Hell, I might wait to see if HBO Max upgrades to 4K and see them there.

Scott Merryfield

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Hell, I might wait to see if HBO Max upgrades to 4K and see them there.
That's a wise plan for those people who subscribe to that service. It's been over 31 years since I've had an HBO subscription (other than a couple of free trials to watch a new Game of Thrones season), so that's not an option for me. I'm okay with the HD streaming versions I currently have, though.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birlaestates10