FT: Projector for A/V reciever

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Falkler, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Scott Falkler

Scott Falkler Second Unit

I am looking for a decent A/V reciever to trade for this projector:

2. Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr Supporting Actor

Scott
    I carry yamaha, pioneer, and denon. What model would be fair. Honest opinion of the image this puts out? I am guessing composite only from a dvd player/satellite. How many hours on the bulb? How old, etc, etc.

3. Scott Falkler

Hi Kevin,
    It's an older projector, but it's been taken care of nicely with regular filter cleanings, etc. It has composite, S-Video, and VGA inputs. It's on it's third bulb,and there are less than 100 hours on it out of 2000.
    I am pretty surprised at the picture it puts out, even with the honestly low specs of light output and contrast ratio.
    I am moving and won't have room for a PJ there, so I figured there was someone out there that has a reciever to trade that wanted to try out a FP system, you know what I mean?
    I was hoping to find a used RX-V2095 as I have one and really like it, but a newer model with the same specs would work as well. I'm not too current on recievers since I am so happy with mine, so maybe you have some suggestions as far as Yamaha or Denon units go that I would be pleased with?
    Thanks!

4. Kevin_Kr

Scott
    I see that receivers goes for $500.00 on some we b sites now. in regards to Yamaha receivers specing like that the rxv530 has a lot of the similar specs just not as much power, take a look at their site and give me an idea whta yor looking for, knowing were both trying to get the best deal.

5. Scott Falkler

I'll be honest and say that I really don't like the looks of the newer line of Yamaha stuff. I have all stuff that matches the 995/2095, etc.
    Maybe a Denon model would be nice to try. Do you have a Denon around that range with DD/DTS/DPLII, etc.
    I really don't need alot of power, 60-80wpc would be fine.
    Let me know if you have any ideas.
    Thanks!
    Scott

6. Kevin_Kr

what about a denon 1603?

7. Kevin_Kr

You have a pm.