What's new

FS: Zenith DVB-318 upconverting DVD player (1 Viewer)

harimo

Grip
SALE PENDING .....

Hi;

I am the second owner of this DVD player (originally purchased in May 2004). It still has the old firmware and so you get the upconversion over component (upto 1080i).
I have only had it for 2 months.

I will let it go for anyone on this forum for $145 including shipping in the US only.
(NOTE: I am NOT selling this for any profit)

Included with the player are:
original box, orginal packing slip showing date of
purchase, remote, manual, cables (component, DVI and
composite)

Reason for selling:

I basically bought this thinking I would upgrade my X1 projector to a 720p native projector, but that hasn't happened and so I don't see much point in keeping this (truthfully I did not find any improvement with this player over my Denon DVD player).

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
wow! thats big expectations. a native 720p projector ? thats impossible. I own an x1 and def seen a difference and I owned a XP50 and still seen a difference between the two.

BTW: 1080i is where this player really shines.

too bad you didnt see a difference. I might be interested or a friend. will get back to you if so.

harimo

Grip
Not really .. can get a native 720p LCD under 2K (L-500U for instance).

My basic Denon 900 is a class in itself, I think the Zenith falls short of the picture quality compared to Denon IMHO.

Also at 1080i there is a lot of sync problems with the X1.
Further, you have to adjust the horizontal shift to get the image centered on the screen.

BTW the sync issue is more on the X1 side since I get the same problem with my Dish-811 HDTV receiver when feeding 1080i to the X1. It is almost unusable and throws a blue screen whenever there is a white flash in the content.

Hari

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
"It is almost unusable and throws a blue screen whenever there is a white flash in the content."

upgrade your firmware. I dont have those issues.

"I basically bought this thinking I would upgrade my X1 projector to a 720p native projector"

i thought you were saying you expected your x1 to become 720p with the zenith. :) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks