What's new

FS: QSC PLX 2402 power amplifier (1 Viewer)

Aaron Smithski

Stunt Coordinator
The power ratings are as follows: 425 wpc @ 8 ohms, 700 wpc @ 4 ohms, and 1200 wpc @ 2 ohms. Mono output is 850 watts @ 16 ohms, 1500 watts @ 8 ohms, and 2400 watts @ 4 ohms. The PLX series of QSC amplifiers incorporate Powerwave technology. You can read about them at the www.QSCAudio.com website.
I have 4 of these available. They were purchased new in the box by an overzealous bidder(myself!) from an internet auction. I was looking to get one for a subwoofer amplifier and got myself involved in a little bidding war with a few other fellows. I guaranteed the purchase of my amp by going after all 7 of them; figuring to win only 1 or 2. I ended up getting 5.
These sell for $900 at internet retailers. I am asking $600 with the buyer paying shipping. Email me with any questions you may have.
Aaron Smith

Dan Brodin

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron,

Are these still available? If so I may be interested, but I do have a question. I notice the specs on QSC's website state the amp has a 3-pin XLR & 1/4" TRS Balanced inputs. My receiver only has RCA preamp outs. Would I be able to get an adapter to convert the end of an RCA cable to either XLR or TRS so I could use it with this amp?

thanks,

-Dan

PS: Also sent you email

Aaron Smithski

Stunt Coordinator
Dan,

Yes, the amps are still available and yes, you can get an adapter for either the 1/4" or the XLR to an RCA. Radio Shack sells both of these. You and I are in the same boat as I too am trying to figure out which is the better connection for my system. I did a few searches and John Gordon, who is with QSC Audio and a member of this forum, recommended using the XLR connection. I believe that in this application there would not be any difference in sound quality between the two. XLR would be more secure. There are better quality adapters out there but I am not sure they are necessary.

If you are curious, I pulled my amp out of it's box and plugged it in so I could hear the fan run. To be honest, I expected it to be louder. Sitting 15 feet away from it with a soundtrack playing should not be a problem.

Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks