FS: QSC PLX 2402 power amplifier

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron Smithski, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Aaron Smithski

Aaron Smithski Stunt Coordinator

The power ratings are as follows: 425 wpc @ 8 ohms, 700 wpc @ 4 ohms, and 1200 wpc @ 2 ohms. Mono output is 850 watts @ 16 ohms, 1500 watts @ 8 ohms, and 2400 watts @ 4 ohms. The PLX series of QSC amplifiers incorporate Powerwave technology. You can read about them at the www.QSCAudio.com website.
    I have 4 of these available. They were purchased new in the box by an overzealous bidder(myself!) from an internet auction. I was looking to get one for a subwoofer amplifier and got myself involved in a little bidding war with a few other fellows. I guaranteed the purchase of my amp by going after all 7 of them; figuring to win only 1 or 2. I ended up getting 5.
    These sell for $900 at internet retailers. I am asking $600 with the buyer paying shipping. Email me with any questions you may have.
    Aaron Smith

2. Dan Brodin

Dan Brodin Stunt Coordinator

Aaron,

Are these still available? If so I may be interested, but I do have a question. I notice the specs on QSC's website state the amp has a 3-pin XLR & 1/4" TRS Balanced inputs. My receiver only has RCA preamp outs. Would I be able to get an adapter to convert the end of an RCA cable to either XLR or TRS so I could use it with this amp?

thanks,

-Dan

PS: Also sent you email

3. Aaron Smithski

Dan,

Yes, the amps are still available and yes, you can get an adapter for either the 1/4" or the XLR to an RCA. Radio Shack sells both of these. You and I are in the same boat as I too am trying to figure out which is the better connection for my system. I did a few searches and John Gordon, who is with QSC Audio and a member of this forum, recommended using the XLR connection. I believe that in this application there would not be any difference in sound quality between the two. XLR would be more secure. There are better quality adapters out there but I am not sure they are necessary.

If you are curious, I pulled my amp out of it's box and plugged it in so I could hear the fan run. To be honest, I expected it to be louder. Sitting 15 feet away from it with a soundtrack playing should not be a problem.

Aaron

4. Aaron Smithski

I still have 3 of these available with one sale pending.

Aaron