What's new

FS Heavily modified ASL2004DT linestage (1 Viewer)

Yogi

Screenwriter
ASL2004DT linestage that has been modified with premium upgrades. The upgrades (price I paid in parenthesis) include:

1) Premium Auricaps all along the critical audio path.($60)
2) Premium Blackgate Cap in the power supply.($20)
3) 1% Vishay metal-film resistors in the critical audio path.($20)
4) All teflon coated 22 AWG solid silver wiring with tin plated pure Copper mesh sheilding.($60)
5) Viton 'O' ring rubber damping rings on the triodes.(--)
6) Mu-Metal sheilding on the power trannie. Mu-metal is the only material to completely shield magnatic field from the trannie to stop capacitative coupling to the tubes. ($35)
7) New silver BAT toggle Switch ($10).
8) Half inch thick aluminum front face plate polished to mirror finish (custom made) replaced the flimsy face plate.
9) Stock red power LED changed to cool looking sexy blue LED.($5)
10) Stock tubes changed to NOS JAN-Philips and Sovtek 12AX7LPH (read reviews on www.thetubestore.com) and Ei Elite Gold 12AX7 and 12AU7 ($80). Will ship the stock tubes.

The new sound is sweet airy and lush. There is no harshness what so ever in the treble. The midrange is simply seductive and magical and the bottom end is taut and palpable (I suspect due to the upgrade of stock 1uf Multicaps to 1.5uf Auricaps). I have compared it to other preamps in the 1K range (Rogue 66, Cary SLP50, AES-AE3 DHJ) and for the life of me I couldn't tell them apart. Its that good. The linestage was paired with a low sensitivity Proceed amp (11K) and had no problems driving it to reference levels. Reason for selling is that I found a good deal on a CJ preamp that I wanted for so long, so I have to let this baby go so I can pay for some of the upgrade costs.

Retail $299 + $290 (upgrades)
$500 OBO

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks