What's new

FS: Denon DVD-2500 Player- $65 shipped (1 Viewer)

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Denon DVD-2500: specs here- http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/dvd2500.pdf

I bought this new in '99. It's now in "infrequent" use on the bedroom TV, and I need to clear out some clutter (it is clutter because I also have whole-house audio/video). It has performed very nicely over the years, with only one disk that would not play (I don't remember what- one of my not-too-often rentals). It has Panasonic internals, including the no-chroma-bug MPEG decoder. A fine interlaced player that served me well.

$65 shipped in the US.

Todd

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Hi Todd.
I am in the market for a inexpensive DVD player to replace my poor Xbox. I sold my other DVD player when I bought the Xbox as I thought I "didn't need it". Big mistake.
I am looking for a good basic DVD player. All I ask is that it plays regular DVDs without problems. I see the player has S-video & coaxial outputs which I need. It would also look quite nice next to my Denon receiver.
I've searched the forum under "DVD-2500" and I see that you liked talking about it =)
However, the fact that the player is quite an older model, and this
post sort of gives me second thoughts. What makes you think it "seems like it's on its way out" ??
I know $65 isn't a lot of money, but would you take $55? Can you take paypal? (credit card paypal?)

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Brian,

I have no reason to believe that this player is on its way out. That was when I had that bad rental, and I over-reacted. It still works fine, and I haven't seen that again. It's just that I simply have no more use for it. I had actually forgotten I'd written that.

Full Disclosure- I have a bit of extraneous infrequently used "stuff" around the house, and we just had a 2nd kid. My wife is somewhat "unappreciative" of my clutter, so in the spirit of the new year, I'm obliging her.:) You know, various PC stuff, a couple of obseleted HT pieces, various never-installed car parts in the garage, etc.

I've been using a Panasonic RP-91 with my Elite 510 RPTV now, and have been for a year.

I'll give a 30-day money back gaurantee on performance, except you pay the one-way ship back to me, if it doesn't perform adequately. I'm absolutely NOT about selling someone marginal goods. I've no wish to sully my reputation (if only with myself- I don't sell that often) over $65.

If you can think of a couple of known "problem" discs, I'll run them through it, if I have them.

Email me, if you like. Oh, and I cannot take credit cards with Paypal. Sorry. Fees were killing me.

Todd

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Hello again Todd.
If you can take regular paypal I'll take it. I am expecting funds in my paypal account today or tommorow.
I think I can trust a HTF'er with 3000+ posts. =)
Hopefully this player still has lots of life left & serves me well. It sure is a beautiful machine. A perfect match for my Denon receiver.
(I take it you were firm on the $65 :p))
Will let you know as soon as the money is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks