What's new

Found out yesterday I'm going to be a dad! (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
This will be our first child. Man does this change things. They better hurry up and come out with some nice 1080P tv's with HDMI 1.3 before the baby gets here or else I'm not going to have any money to buy one. :)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Congratulations Todd! Being a dad is great (except those 1st 3 months).

As ar as the HT stuff, forget the cost, you won't have time to hook it all up and tinker with it when the baby comes - so make sure your all set up (and baby proofed!) before the arrival.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
It is great. We adopted a one year old from Russia, and he just turned two this week. Man, there is nothing better than being a dad. I spent all week constructing a swingset for him. Sweat, sunburn, scrapes, cuts. But, when he saw it and took off running for it, it made it all worth while.

Congrats!

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations! Being a dad was the best thing that ever happened to me. I’m sure that it will be for you as well.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Thanks! We've been trying for a couple of months. I walked in yesterday after work and she wished me a happy Father's Day. It didn't take long to figure out what that meant. :)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Todd, congratulations! I'm going to be a dad too. Our due date is in January. It took us 3 months of trying, and it was a fun three months. :D

We found out about 3-4 weeks ago, but haven't said anything to family yet because my parents went out of town right before we found out. They won't be back for another 2-3 weeks, and we don't want to tell them over the phone. It's been tough trying to keep our mouths shut.

EDIT: Of course, now I've publicly announced it when I'm supposed to be keeping my mouth shut. Good thing the 'rents never heard of HTF.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Congrats!

Yeah don't waste time buyin a bunch of gadgets...you will have LITTLE time to enjoy them. :)

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator
Congratulations, Todd! Being a father is quite rewarding for me. I'm sure you'll find it to be the same! There is nothing quite like unconditional love, which is something I never experienced until I fathered children.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Congratulations to Joe and Todd and to all of the HTF fathers. I have 3 incredible sons aged 22, 19 and 18. Happy Fathers Day.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Thanks Bob. My wife gave me a Father's Day card for the "father-to-be". I actually teared up, and I'm not an emotional person.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Thanks to everyone. It's going to be an incredible next few months for my wife and I. We're really looking forward to it. What a Father's Day gift. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks