What's new

Forrest Gump on HBO (1 Viewer)

Jason_H

Second Unit
I just got my HDTV decoder from Time Warner Cable here in Houston a few days ago...I LOVE it. I used to get OTA HD when I used Dish Network, but it was patchy in my old apartment, and I could never get HBO or Showtime in HD (I had a building where the second dish should have pointed).

Anyway, I'd always heard that HBO kind of butchers the movies it shows on its HD channel by cropping them all to 1.78:1 no matter what the OAR. So I was flipping through today, and they were showing Forrest Gump (just a side note, I really don't care for this movie). But what surprised me was that they were showing it in 2.35:1 and it looked FANTASTIC.

What gives? Has HBO changed their policy, or do they just occasionally show these wider films in their OAR?

Frank

Stunt Coordinator
This movie was first broadcast on HBO over two years ago which is before they started showing Panavision movies in HBO CROPOVISION.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks