What's new

For anyone who has an ATI TV Tuner Board, Help! (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hi all,

I participated in the ATI Tradeup program in 1998, and now I am in need of doing so again. However, the info on their page seems to have been downgraded...

I'm looking to upgrade to the All in Wonder Radeon, considering that it is XP Optimized, and my All in Wonder Pro isn't. I can get Video on it using Windows 2000 drivers and Real Producer, but whenever I try to use Windows 2000 Media Center, for the real TV Tuner, it always freezes my machine, so that's out of the question.

If this board is available on the trade up program, I am in need of info on how he program works. I can't remember if we just sent in our old board, and they sent us a brand new one no cost, or if we had to pay a discounted price AND send in our old board...

Thanks!

Glen_L

Stunt Coordinator
Neil,

I'm using an AIW Radeon, and had the same problem as you had with the TV Tuner app. I tried the default drivers/MMC 7.0, new drivers with the new MMC 7.5 and everything in between. I even upgraded to XP in hopes that would do the trick. Nothing seemed to work--during the times I'd luckily get through the channel scan, it would soon lock up after the TV image displayed. No error or anything, just a complete system lockup requiring a hard reboot.

I finally figured out the problem (at least in my case). After I updated my BIOS, my CPU speed was reset to normal. I gave the TV app another shot and it worked flawlessly. I've since upped my FSB back to 100MHz (I'm using a Celeron 533, now running at 800), and with a slight goose in the voltage I've had no further issues. I don't know if you've o/c'ed your system, but if you have it can be easy to forget it and take it for granted that it should work fine all the time.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I had a similar problem with my ATI All-In-Wonder. I had a Compaq with a Gigabyte MOBO. I too had to flash the BIOS.

If you end up trying this, really do your homework. I was scared out of my wits doing it, but I had tried everything else and it did fix my problem. GOOD LUCK!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I have the ATI AIW 32MB Radeon from a year ago (not the souped up new video card that just came out.

I'm running W2K, and downloaded all of the new drivers/apps for this card/OS from ATI's website, and have never had a problem with the TV tuning section. I have an Asus CUSL-2C MB and a Celeron II 1GHz CPU with 512MB of RAM. Also, I have applied Service Pack 2 for W2K.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hey guys,
I should have mentioned that I am already Running Windows XP Home Edition, hence why I'm going to upgrade to a card that is supported in XP :). Upgrading my computer to XP won't help since it's already done, heh.
I have NO Idea what Flashing the Bios even means, so I don't think I can properly do that particular function :). As far as updating the bios on my MB, I did this about a year ago, and everything is working perfectly. However, just like everything else that is on my computer, it is currently discontinued, so I doubt it has XP enabled drivers. I could provide MB details if anyone can find out some more info for me. Heh, the only thing that is new on my Computer, is my 12 X DVD, 12 X CDRW, and Modem. Everything else, MB, ATI Card, and probably Hard Drive as well, is discontinued.
That's what I get for having a 5 year old computer :).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks