What's new

Floyd's DSOTM preorder... (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I believe they are selling it for $18.99. How is the service with Elusive? Is any other e-tailer selling it, yet?

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
They are asking 18.99 for the disc on their site which is a bit high when you add in shipping. I am pretty sure we will be able to pick this up for $12-14 in most local B&M stores. Still it is good to see sites are beginning to take pre-orders.

J

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
My strategy is simply to hit the B&Ms on that Tuesday, as I think shipping costs and possible shipping delays make online ordering less appealing for this one.

And this is a "single inventory title", right? So, I could likely bypass Tower and Virgin altogether (along with their higher prices), and pick it up at the otherwise no-SACDs-yet Newbury Comics (best prices and most knowledgeable staff), which is where I got all the Stones hybrids at the initial price of $11.88/ea. (for the single-disc releases). That's my plan...

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
My strategy is simply to hit the B&Ms on that Tuesday, as I think shipping costs and possible shipping delays make online ordering less appealing for this one.
I'd have to agree Rich, I can't imagine B&M's not having this disk on the shelves. I do plan on going Monday though, as that is 03/03.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Monday is it?? I wonder if that means store personnel might not have put it on the shelves, as this is an aberrational streetdate?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I hope Best Buy will carry this at a discount. Their SACD selection at my local store has "sucked" lately. I hope they will market this CD as a re-release like the Stones releases.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
How could they miss the 30th anniversary date?! That would be awful! Sure, I can wait three weeks, but it would suck if they missed the anniversary date. Plus, there are times when news of one delay is the start down a slippery slope. I sure hope this news is incorrect.

For the record, I too will be looking for this SACD in a brick-and-mortar store.

Al B. C

Supporting Actor

Gee Whiz!!!!!

And here I thought that SACD didn't have these sorts of problems. :rolleyes

Both of these formats are having complications getting software into peoples hands.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
O.K., some have speculated that the SACD will be marketed like the Stones remasters in that it will replace the current CD and act as the only CD of Dark Side of the Moon available. If that is the case, are we to believe that no special remastered CD will be available on the 30th anniversary? I have visions of every major store having remastered CDs plastered on end caps on March 3rd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks