What's new

Five Weeks In A Balloon (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Fox is releasing this film on March 14, which I missed so when I had the opportunity to pick up a copy I figured this 1962 Irwin Allan production was worth a try. Overall an entertaining movie that tried to stay light hearted which I didn't mind at all. The dvd offers both full frame and Anamorphic 2:35 versions on a flip disc and either Mono or Stereo soundtrack - it seemed to me that the Mono track sounded the better of the two. I kind of liked the title song played by the Brothers Four. On the video side the image appears to be sharp with vibrant colors and good black level - I saw little evidence of dirt or scratches etc. Looks like a nice effort by Fox.

There seemed to be no indication of any extra features but some were included. There is the Theatrical Trailer as well as a Teaser Trailer, Still Photos of the production and actors, a galllery show casing some b&w artwork and two Movietone News clips - one with Barbara Eden at a demonstration of a balloon - I think Irwin Allan was there as well ( no sound ). The second showed the World Premier of the film in Denver, Colorado with some shots of the cast and the Brothers Four - not very long but interesting, this one had sound. Not the greatest film but certainly not bad either - if you like this sort of thing you can't go wrong. It also stars Red Buttons, Fabian, Cedric Hardwicke, Richard Haydn and Barbara Luna.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks