What's new

Fist of the Red Dragon DVD. What is this really? (1 Viewer)

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
I thought I was pretty familiar with the films of Donnie Yen, but this has me a bit puzzled. I know they're just trying to capitalize on Legend of the Red Dragon (the earlier retitling of a Jet Li flick) with the packaging, but what was this film originally called? It smells like a re-edit of those popular TV series Donnie did a few years back, the long versions of which are available from Tai Seng, I believe, but the sleeve says it's 1:78 (perhaps matted from TV?). Of has Yen gone back to starring in Hong Kong pictures again?

Anybody have any information on this?

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Brian -
Fist of the Red Dragon is HERO AMONG HEROES. I have no idea why Columbia is marketing this in this fashion.

Retitling movies and claiming that they are sequels is very misleading to consumers.

Matt

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
I should've asked you directly Matthew! Kinda figured you'd have the answer.

I knew this picture was familiar, but it's literally the one Donnie Yen title I've been unable to see over the years, although I did once see a DVD release from a lesser Asian-American label (World Vision? Trans World? something like that) years ago, but thought it was almost as overpriced as this disc at the time, so figured I'd wait.

I guess it's a matter of finding out if this new version is cut, rescored, etc. Not that I'd pay $23 CDN plus tax for an old title like this that probably can be had from an Asian seller for a much more reasonable price.

I noticed Columbia recently released Jackie Chan's Mr. Canton and the Lady Rose/Miracles as Black Dragon. Was that a legitimate international title at some point, because it's pretty feeble.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Brian -
I've heard that Bleck Dragon was actually one of the titles used at one time but I've never seen it listed as such anywhere but IMDB.com.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks