What's new

Fisher S1000 Spider-Man region-error (1 Viewer)

Brenton

Screenwriter
My Fisher S1000 DVD player won't play Spider-Man! The region diagram pops up and it says that I need to use a Region 1 player (it IS Region 1!).
I found a hack on a website somewhere to press program, right, right, enter, play and it will play the film. It does, but it just jumps right into the film without stopping at the main menu, so I can't access extras. Also, I can't skip forward or press "menu" (it gives me a no function icon). I haven't tried many other functions, but I know that it DOES pause, play, stop, fast, slow, and chapter skip backwards.
And get this: the same problem is on Disc 2!
I remember having the same problem with Joe Dirt about a year ago, which is also a Columbia-Tristar title. But, believe it or not, I can play The Muppet Movie, another Columbia-Tristar.
What's the problem?? The disc, disc manufacturer, or player? Would returning it and getting another copy be a possible fix? Please help!

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
Here you go man, I feel your pain. THIS HAPPENS ALL COULUMBIA-TRISTAR DVD'S since the Patriot for me.

DVDS-1000/DVD5100 Enhanced Region Code Solution (Ref. #001103-0063)

Description:
The Fisher Model DVDS-1000 and Sanyo Model DVD5100 are 1st generation DVD players that comply with all of the original DVD standards. A few newly released movies have been programmed with a New Enhanced Region Code technology,this new technology may cause the disc to be unplayable on first generation DVD players. Below we have detailed a method to bypass the new enhanced region code to allow you to play the disc.

Solution:
Please follow the instructions listed below using your remote control: 1. Insert the DVD disc into the DVD player.Once the region map is displayed on your TV screen, go to step #2. 2. Press the PROGRAM button on the remote control. 3. Press the RIGHT ARROW button on the remote control.(A number "1" will be displayed in the first window). 4. Press the RIGHT ARROW on the remote control again.(A number "1" will be displayed in the second window). 5. Press the ENTER button on the remote control. (The word "ALL" will be displayed in the third window). 6. Press the PLAY button (The movie will begin to play). NOTE: This solution will not allow the next or previous commands to work

There you go.
Chris

Brenton

Screenwriter
So there's no way to permanently make it an all-region? Too bad.
This means that there are certain extras that I can't access on Spider-Man, such as the pop-up factoids and image galleries.
Anyway, I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks