What's new

Finally got receiver with 5.1 analog inputs, now need advice... (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I need advice on a good DVD-Audio disc that I can listen to. I've had a DVD-Audio DVD player for a while now, but I just got a Marantz SR5200 with 5.1 analog inputs so I can now listen to DVD Audio. Anyway, I want a good cd to listen to. So what are some good picks? I listen to pretty much all music except classical. Thanks,

Paul

Jeff Keene

Supporting Actor
Steely Dan - Two Against Nature is the best sounding disc I have.

Bjork - Vespertine is my favorite album in the format. It is only 48/24, but sounds pretty darn good to me.

NP: Tool - Aenima

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
I second "Two Against Nature" as the best sounding DVD-A that I own.
Dave Koz - "The Dance" sounds pretty darn good as well. :)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Paul, I too will put in a vote for Steely Dan Two Against Nature. I love the music, and this DVD-Audio discs sounds incredible. The recording is great, and the CD sounds very good, but the DVD-Audio is on another level. Other DVD-Audio discs to consider are Fleetwood Mac Rumours and Eagles Hotel California. These discs do not sound as good as the Steely Dan discs, but they still beat the CDs handily.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Just curious: Why do you not like serious music? Beethoven's music will live long after most of today's pop music is relegated to a mere footnote in history. Why not listen to something truly rousing with heavy melodic themes--say, a good performance of Respighi's The Pines of Rome or Copland's Appalachian Spring?

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
try the doobie brothers the captain and me disc[though i've only heard it in DTS]it's quite good imho

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I got my new Dishwalla Opaline DVD-A in the mail yesterday and it sounds pretty fine. You may or may not like the material, but it does sound pretty good. They were pretty light on the surrounds/center but it is still nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks