Finally got all my gear, I think I disappointed you Robert!! :) Please help (again)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Carr, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Stunt Coordinator

Ok Robert.. You told me EXCACTLY what I needed to buy.. and I think I screwed it up. First off the wifie didn't want 2 dishes mounted on our deck.... so I had to buy the eliptical dish. I bought the Radio Shack Double bowtie antenna but it's not terminated with a coax as I thought. It has a speaker connection type thingie (that is my technical expertise for you) How do I connect that to my multi-switch?
    The next thing I did was got a radioshack version of the multiswitch.. DBS Distribution multi-switch (couldn't find it on the site) Model D6530, It's got 2 satelite in's and a TV anttena in (i'm assuming for the double bow.. but it's coax input) and then it has 4 outs to receivers. Also a power input (with a power source included)
    Did I get the right gear? I'm about to set this bad boy up tomorow... Did I set myself up for failure?
    thanks for all your help guys!!!
    Jim

2. Jim Carr

Another question guys.... on the eliptical dish.. each LNB has 2 connectors for coax do you need 2 in each? (for a total of 4 to the multi-switch) or can you just do one coax from each LNB to the multi-switch for just 2 going in there?

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert

4. Jim Carr

Robert you are the man. The WAF did nix my plans for dual dish!
    Ok, I'm going to get that conversion thing from rat shack tomorow... as far as the dish.. I just ordered it today, it should be here tomorow.. so I'll check it out. I paid 150 for that bastage.. it better have the multiswitch! [​IMG]

5. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I missed your other question. Yes. Both LNB connections must be made to the switch (if it is external). If it is like mine, you can't help but make them.

-Robert

6. Jim Carr

Sorry robert.. both as in both on both sides? (4 connections?)

thanks,

Jim

7. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Now that I re-read my answer, I'm not clear. Yes, all four connection should be made for the dish to work properly.

-Robert