What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Kino has unearthed three more noirs from the Universal vaults for their Film Noir: The Dark Side of Cinema Volume XIV Blu-ray series. First, an undercover cop infiltrates a continental narcotics ring to avenge her father’s death in Undercover Girl. Next, a doctor turns on a gangster and makes off with his woman and the loot in One Way Street. Finally, an alcoholic reporter’s chance at a comeback could lead him into danger in Appointment with a Shadow. All three films are making their Blu-ray debuts here.

One Way Street (1950)

Released: 01 Apr 1950
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 79 min

Director: Hugo Fregonese
Genre: Crime, Drama, Film-Noir

Cast: James Mason, Märta Torén, Dan Duryea
Writer(s): Lawrence Kimble

Plot: After stealing a gangster's money and his girlfriend, a doctor heads for a small village in Mexico...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Thank you Mychal for another thoroughly informative review! Most of the KL 'Dark Side of Cinema' sets are very nicely priced these days as well, and I now have most of them, including volume XV.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thanks for the review. I haven't yet bought this box-set but I will in the next few weeks. (Contrary to what the doomsayers enjoy predicting, there's so much good stuff coming out on disc that I have to pace myself financially)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks