What's new

favorite simpson episode>? (1 Viewer)

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
This should probably be in the Polls forum, but I'll reply here anyway. Fav episode is either the one when George Bush comes to springfield, or the epsisode where Bart, Nelson, Millhouse, and Martin rent a car and end up at the sun dome. The names of both episodes escape me though.

JQ

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Asking me to pick a favorite episode is impossible. Every simpsons episode(except the last 2 seasons-except for Homer the Gifted that episode ruled) is my favorite one. To me this is the greatest show ever and so is every episode. Peace Out.

R

RossTerry

i'd have to say IMO that the funniest is the one where Homer thinks Bart is gay from hanging around with the gay guy (i cant think of his name)...

so so many quotable lines from that episode:

Homer:

"he didnt give you gay did he?"

"i like my beer cold and my queers flaming"

"all the diet colas in the world couldn't turn him back"

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Yeah that episode is a classic and his name was John.

"There's only 2 types of people who wear hawaiian shirts. Gay guys and big fat party animals. And Bart doesn't look like a big fat party animal to me."

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Wow this is a hard one. For a while a friend of mine & I tried to come up with our "Top 10" list of Simpsons episodes, we couldn't narrow it down beyond 30 or so...

The John Waters/Homer thinks Bart is Gay one is right up there ("Why did you bring me to a gay steel mill?")

The Shining one is great, as is the one where Homer accidently builds a time machine (I think they are both from the same Halloweeen episode)

Also the one where the 2 slobbering aliens take over the bodies of Clinton & Dole "don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!"

Most of the Side Show Bob eps are great esp. the one where Bob gets an A-bomb and tries to get rid of TV.

The one where Homer takes the fmaily to go and work for a James Bond-esque "super villain" is another fave of mine.

I could go on and on...

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Sherry Bobbins has to be my favorite. The ending has me in tears every time. The timing is so perfect, its just one of the best single moments I've ever seen on TV. Plus the songs are great, and the whole concept of the episode is completely original. :D
Another I really like is the Internation Soccer to NRA episode. I like the soccer game and the wonderful transition to the NRA. And as mentioned previously, most of the halloween episodes and Sideshow Bob episodes are very well done.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
I have thought about this before.

The one where Homer became the Union kingpin had a very high concentration of yuks. Extremely funny episode throughout.

Loved the end when Homer was running in circles on the ground ala "Curly".

P.S. Shari Bobbins ultimate demise brings me to tears too.

GARY C

Second Unit
One more for the 'Homer thinks Bart is gay' episode.

Just so many great lines in that one.

[Homer]"You know me Marge, I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaming..."

That and the dance music when the Steel Mill turns into a disco usually has me on the floor laughing.

Runner up would be Treehous of Horror 4 or 5 I think it is.

It's the time travelling toaster episode.

[Homer]"This is gonna cost me"

and

[Homer]"Ahh... close enough"

Those two lines just kill me during the show.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
The "Homer's Phobia" episode is great. I also love the Frank Grimes episode, one of the most darkly comic Simpsons episodes ever. The part when Grimey finally snaps is hilarious.

Grimes: Oh, I, I can't stand it any longer. This whole plant is insane. Insane, I tell you! [snaps mentally] Daahh! Aaah! [runs out of the auditorium, and into an equipment room] I can be lazy too! [takes his tie off, and moons one of the technicians] Look at me, I am a worthless employee, just like Homer Simpson! Give me a promotion!

[walks into the break room, and grabs two donuts from the

box] Ooh, I eat like a slob, but nobody minds! [eats in an

exaggeratedly slobbish fashion]

[heads into a bathroom]

[from bathroom] I'm peeing on the seat. Give me a raise!

[emerges from the bathroom and waves his hands in Homer's

face] Now I'm returning to work without washing my hands.

But it doesn't matter, because I'm Homer Simpson!

[runs to Homer's work station and spins around in the chair]

I don't need to do my work, 'cause someone else will do it

for me. D'oh! D'oh! D'oh! [slaps forehead on each "D'oh!"]

Homer: Hey, you okay, Grimey?

Grimes: I'm better than okay. I'm Homer Simpson.

Homer: [chuckles] You wish.

Grimes: [notices Burns has walked in] Oh, hi, Mr. Burns. I'm the worst worker in the world. Time to go home to my mansion and eat my lobster.

[walks up to some dangerous-looking wires]

What's this? [reads sign] "Extremely High Voltage." Well, I don't need safety gloves, because I'm Homer Simp--[zap]

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I really enjoy reading Ayn Rand, and I enjoy seeing her picked on even more. My favorite South Park episode (to date) is the Chicken Fucker episode, and my favorite Simpsons episode is the one where Maggie is left at the Ayn Rand School For Tots. I still laugh when I think about it :)

Geno

Supporting Actor
3d Homer halloween episode!!! they need another episode in total 3d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I saw the Ayn Rand one recently, and it was the first time I noticed the name of the pre-school, as well as the fact that the teacher was reading The Fountainhead. Very cool.

I think my favorite is the one with Mulder and Scully.

"And the alien has a sweet voice... like Urkel. And he appears every Friday night... like Urkel."

Or perhaps Who Shot Mr. Burns part II.

"Did you have the dream with the weird backwards talking girl too?"

"Um, I think I'll drive."

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
-All the Sideshow Bob and Krusty Episodes,especially the Cape Fear spoof.

-The Bobo The Bear Episode

-NYC WTC Episode "And thats when the CHUDS came after me" "oh, Homer of course youre gonna have bad memmories about NY if all you think about are the Pimps and the CHUDS"

-When they filmed the Radiactive Man movie in Springfield

-When Homer got the illegal scrambler box

-Homers plot to gain weight,get workmens comp and working from home

-The flashback episodes to when Marge and Homer were young.

-The Grimey Episode "Oh look at me,Im Homer Simpson!!"

-Forbidden Donut Halloween Episode

-When Bart sells his soul to Milhouse

And so on.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
Surprised nobody's mentioned my favorite: Monorail.
I saw an interview with Yeardley Smith recently, and she said that episode is the least favorite of the cast members!

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
How could I forgot: The Movementarians episode!

Homer:[to the tune of the Batman TV series] Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-Fishing!

Homer: Outta my way, jerkass!

David Oliver

Second Unit
The episode where Homer gets Apu fired from the Kwik-E-Mart.

The one when Bart is accused of being Mob kingpin.

When the Simpsons go to Australia has the single greatest Simpsons moment...Homer crying and singing God Bless America as the specially configured toilet flushes the "right way".

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
The "Thirty Minutes over Tokyo" episode had me rolling on the floor. In particular was the Japanese show "Battling Seizure Robots". I was laughing so hard I was crying. My wife thought I was crazy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks