What's new

Fall Foliage thread... (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
As I walked back to my dorm from class today, I smelled my first smell of fall foliage for this year. Ahh...

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Jay! I've been thinking about this lately and want to schedule a day trip up to VT or NH in the coming weeks.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Thanks Jay. I'm planning a family drive to Pepin, WI this weekend. While it may still be early for fall foliage, I'm looking forward to visiting Harbor View Cafe for the first time.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Here is a live webcam pic of Door County, WI:

[picture edited out because it was too darn big... here is a link to it: CLICK ME

Still looks pretty green up there... but things should be turning soon. Door county is described as Wisconsin's mini version of VT/NH.

The only drawback, it gets pretty crowded up there this time of year.

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
Come enjoy the foliage, but please if you are going to look at the scenery do so from a rest stop or designated area. Too many times people are going down a highway at 25mph looking at leaves, that becomes dangerous. Enjoy the leaf peeping but "Don't Peep and Drive" :D

jay-

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Better yet, bring a bike. Then you will be going slow enough to enjoy the views (foliage or not) and wont be impeding traffic.

Of course, I may be biased.... :D

Jay

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I'm only an hour north of you, Dave, but I can tell you it's pretty green here yet. In fact, it's probably going to be for some time. Though the cold snap this weekend may speed things up.

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
I think I'm going to go on a hike through the White Mountains in a few weeks. Maybe up Mt. Lafayette. This being my first fall in New England I should really do it.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I'm only an hour north of you, Dave, but I can tell you it's pretty green here yet.
It's funny, I have a tree in my yard that seems to be about a month off in its seasonal clock. It's dropped most of its leaves already! I just feel silly raking my yard when it's still 80+ degrees outside. :)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Trees are dying, because of the lack of rain, and leaves are turning brown... But this weekend, when it's 65 at noon, we'll start seeing some change.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just a hint of color so far here in central VT. The last week of September into the first week of October is usually the peak here.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Anyone mind taking some digital pictures of the leaves turning? I'm a huge nature buff and would love to have the pictures.

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Delaware Water Gap, October 2000

Every falltime, usually some time in October, I take a scenic drive to get some autumn pictures. Oftentimes I go out to the Delaware Water Gap, then up the river to High Point, NJ. It's tremendously beautiful in the falltime along that section of the river.

This year, I plan on going to Acadia National Forest in Maine, Columbus Day weekend. I hope to get a LOT of pictures.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Acadia in the fall is beautiful and the best thing is the crowds are gone. I was up there a few years ago at the end of October and it was great. Cool weather and cold nights but it was great to be able to enjoy lunch on the rocks, a sunset on Cadillac Mtn, Joshua Pond, etc. Take your time and enjoy the sights Dana, and post those pictures, I'd love to see them.

Jay

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not a foliage picture, but colorful nonetheless...

The morning sunrise over St. Johnsbury, Vermont, as filtered through the clouds at the edge of TS Isabel. Photo by Seth Powers, The Caledonian Record

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
My good friends at the Wisconsin Department of Tourism just told me to expect northern WI to turn in 2 weeks, door county in 3 weeks, and FDL county in about 4 weeks, so Milwaukee should be about then, 4-5 weeks.

Matthew Todd

Second Unit
I just wanted to post a little picture of what fall looks like out here in the Rockies. After 5 years of drought it's even less colorful than usual (but the mountains are still beautiful!)

Matt

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Maybe im jaded in living in British Columbia where there are forests and trees everywhere but...

They're just damn trees with their leaves turning color!!! (Being slightly facetious here, don't take offense to it :D )

Do trees not turn color in parts south of the border besides in Vermont and New Hampshire? :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks