What's new

F-Zero to Gamecube & Arcades - Developed by AM2 (Sega)! (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
There's a discussion of it at the Link Removed with some more details and links.
-Dan B

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Haha! First I see a huge picture of Sonic on Nintendo.com's main page, now this. Weird how things turn out huh? :D F-Zero rocks! I'm glad Sega, a company with game racing experience, is designing it. Almost guaranteed to be a blockbuster.
(Here's hoping it's not an April's fool)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
AM2 is not doing it, but Amusement Vision is, the people behind Super Monkey Ball.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad Sega, a company with game racing experience, is designing it
But they're not, it's Nintendo who are in charge of design - Sega are doing the technical programming of it, Nintendo are wholly in charge of design & levels. Apparently.

Dan B

Screenwriter
it's Nintendo who are in charge of design - Sega are doing the technical programming of it, Nintendo are wholly in charge of design & levels. Apparently.
Right again. EAD is still designing the game it seems.

Pretty interesting stuff. I think that Amusement Vision mentioned something about a racing game on Gamecube a while back, but I didn't expect this!

-Dan B

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
OMG!

This is like... dream teaming or something. I love F-Zero (still by far my favorite SNES game), and nearly every Sega racer.

To think, 5 minutes ago I was just thinking to myself "Self, you could get Tony Hawk 3 on PC today, play it online and sell your Gamecube"

Ok, right after that I remembered Mario Sunshine and Zelda, but this just makes me want to go hug it for a while.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Why you should care. Amusement Vision are the creators of the greatest racing game of all time : DAYTONA USA!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
While I severely doubt the Arcade/GCN connectability thing will come to America, the thought of a new F-Zero game codeveloped by Sega and Nintendo is an amazing one.

Thank god everyone is friends right now. Nintendo and Square, Nintendo and Sega, what next?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Sega has teamed up with different companies for different things. MS for online, Sony for their hopes for the future of technology, and Nintendo for game design. So if anything, Sega would be making games with Nintendo instead of MS and Sony, and if they start doing that more often, then MS and Sony will be on the losing end.

This is a really smart move by Nintendo. Now Nintendo is getting some of Sega's fans PLUS their fans.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
It looks like you'll be able to swap data between the arcade and Gamecube versions using the Cube's memory card. I can't wait to see this one! It's looking to be a good year for the little Cube.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
NFL Blitz tried the same thing with N64, had a little card reader on the side of the cabinet. I'm guessing it wasn't that successful as I never saw one person in all my arcadium do it. :)
Personally I'd never be caught dead bringing my memcard out in public like that. What if a girl from class saw me stick it in the reader like a nerd. Unless all the cool kids started doing it, then np. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks