Everything I want to know about Food Labels, I didn't learn in Kindergarten.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    My first thread after returning from Alaska, you must have missed me right??? I considered asking Ron to close the forum while I was away but then I thought it would be too much to do in this sweltering heat here in NJ. (And my A/C is dead).
    Anyway, when food labels say that there are 2 servings per package and I eat the whole damm package, (Not the plastic,but the food inside!) do we have to double the food stats like sugar and protein and stuff or is that already doubled and if I only ate one serving size, I'd just half those stats????
    I think I ran into somebody saying that the stats are for the whole package regardless of the serving size and I found that would be misleading and confusing, but who knows???
    I'm hoping that the combined brain cells of the unnamed entity called "The After Hours lounge of the HTF" will collectively shed their brainpower to come up with a valid answer to my predicament. If an answer is obtained, the world will be one step closer to World Peace (or Whirrled Peas)
    [​IMG]
    Glad to be back... 2 weeks in the wilderness has an unknown affect to one's brain and mana.
    Jay

2. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

If you look closely right above where it lists the calories, it says "Amount Per Serving". So, if you ate both servings you need to double all the stats.

3. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

The best is soda. Regular soda is 1 serving per can. Diet is 2 servings per can.

4. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Ha ha, I knew it. Thats why all the diet soda drinkers I know are still fat. They drink twice as much pop as me. err uhh, nevermind.

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay

6. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter