What's new

er 10/18/01 Bye Bye Dr. Dave & Chin Mai...Hello Susan! (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Bye-Bye Dr's Dave and Chin...
Hello Susan...
Weaver remains #1 Queen Bitch and knows shes should have been gone for the entire incident!
While Dave's bedside manners were not perfect, I will miss his rebellious style and flair.
Rough waters ahead for Green, Corday, and Susan?
Tensions between Kovac, the ex and the barmaid...
More prep work by NBC to work Eric Lasalle out of the series to: "spend time with his son" after they find him next week...
Looks Good !
patriot.gif

------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

[Edited last by Todd Barattini on October 18, 2001 at 10:20 PM]

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I definitely don't feel comfortable with the direction the show is going. If they wanted to do a massive character overhaul, why have the characters get fired or quit every week?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone know that Dr. Chen will be leaving the show for good? Sheesh, that'll be 4 doctors in one season!
I wonder if Malucci will linger around for 1 or 2 more shows, same with Chen.
Susan looks rough, but at least Mark and Susan's chemistry is still intact. Elizabeth's chilly reception of Susan was pretty funny.
Carter's going to be swimming with sharks when he takes the chief resident position. The best thing that Carter has going for him is that he's got "money" so Weaver won't be able to truly threaten his livelihood, like she does with the other doctors who have huge med school debts hanging over them. Weaver operates politically like my former boss, a trait I recognized quickly, and never did trust the guy and still don't. But both are survivors, so I can't fault them for that quality.
Think Benton and Roger will spin off in the new incarnation of "My Two Dads"?
smile.gif

All in all, sort of a creepy episode, especially watching Weaver worm her way out of this mess, loved it when Mark told her that she couldn't just keep getting rid of doctors, and that Susan was a done deal because of Weaver's mess of late.
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I loved how Carter was flirting with the waitress that likes Luca right in front of Abby. He wasn't doing it to pick her up, but just to play around.
Weaver has passed Romano as the biggest ass on the show. Although, the best line is when Weaver is waiting for Romano outside the mens room. He asks her is she is switching teams. Only he can make a rude remark and make it funny and get away with it.

Jeff-

Grip
According to the cast listing on the Internet Movie Database, the Maluchi charicter is only through 2001 but Ming-Na is not indicated to be leaving this year. I guess it could be wrong.
------------------
Jefferson
My Equipment List

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually I thought the best line came from Carter when he was flirting with the waitress in front of Abby:
"Oh no, I would never touch Luka's cookies" and gave Abby a sideways glance. The timing and the irony of that statement literally made me LOL!
The mean Romano is seeping back into play. He made some harsh comments, like to Peter, within earshot of the mother and daughter of the man who had that broken off piece of metal stuck in his gut in an attempt toget free cable or suicide.
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Micah Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, but then Romano goes and does something touching like a couple of episodes ago where he sent Benton home with his son, Rees, and then said something to Rees in sign language when Peter couldn't see. The man has a heart, he just doesn't want anyone to know... I just wish I understood enough ASL to know what he said.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Does anyone feel that Carter's back problem will pave the way for a re-visit of his druggy days?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I read a few months ago that Ming Na would be leaving the show early this season, so I think she's gone for good. A shame - I really like her as an actress (plus she's a mega-babe). Not her fault the writers couldn't come up with good storylines for her character.
Good to see Sherry Stringfield back though. I always liked the Susan Lewis character. It was a sad moment when she left Mark on that train platform.
Does anybody know what Weaver's problem with Lewis is/was? She didn't mention the staff opening when she talked to her, and everytime Mark talked about her they made sure to show Weaver's slightly disapproving reaction. Was there something that happened in the early seasons that I forgot??
------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!
[Edited last by Craig S on October 20, 2001 at 12:34 AM]

Don Black

Screenwriter
Lewis and Weaver have a long history of hatred. =) Mark hired Weaver against Lewis' wishes (a plot line in itself). And Lewis clashed with Weaver over medical decisions constantly. The whole baby/Chloe thing mades things worse...

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing that part of the reason why Weaver doesn't want Susan in there because she might show her up, plus Susan and Green together could have some political leverage since obviously they'll support each other and are both reputable, experienced doctors.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I'm just interested in how they are going to handle Mark/Elizabeth's break-up given his exit and the end of the season.... I think Susan will serve such a purpose.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I want Dave and Chin back! They were great characters and now that Chin's career is getting messed up, its only gonna get more tense between her and Weaver, and I like that.
Benton is leaving, and you can kinda tell. A lot of focus on him and his son.
Green is leaving, but I'm not getting how they will do it. Will the tumor come back or something? Car accident? Will he just disappear?
Does anyone know if Dave and Chin are gone forever?

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
Hi
Yay for Susan Lewis- Susan you looked Great. This should prove as an interesting triangle between Greene, Corday & Lewis!
Jing Mai (Ming na) Sorry to see you go! I enjoyed the Character. I believe I heard she's on to more voice-over work and other acting challenges.
Malucci Although colorful I'm not Sorry to See "Dave" go. I thought like "Robert Romano" at times he was way over the Top.
Kerry is the Undisputed "Queen Bitch" of the series I have to agree especially with the way she left Jing Mai twisting in the Wind to Cover her own butt.
I'd like to see a few more People BELT Robert Romano in the mouth!
------------------
Ed Vandeweerd
[email protected]
my collection

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I noticed the other day that the scuttlebutt on alt.tv.er has some people insisting that Ming-Na recently signed through the end of next year and that she gets a few months off to work on some other project.
Perhaps she is returning at some point, her comment at http://www.ming-na.com is a bit coy.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I welcome Stringfield's return as well but I think she looked better earlier in the series. She's lost that "cute" look and now just looks attractively middle-aged (not that that's bad). Perhaps it's just the haircut... I think it makes her face too round.
Good ridance to Dr. Dave... He was bad in U-571 anyway! =) The Ming Na character was pretty good though.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I hope they don't kill off Green. They should look to the pilot as an example of how to have him leave the show. In the pilot the first time we see Mark he was interviewing for a job at a private practice. They should just have him leave the hospital for the private practice. This way if he wants to make a cameo appearance it will be no big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks