What's new

Entry Level DPLII RCVR Roundup? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
After much consideration and debating on what features I need and don't need (willing to pay for)... It's come down to just this. I don't need 6.1 in my small room because:

1. no room for rear speaker

2. dvd-audio and sacd are 5.1

3. if i'm putting together a budget system, i can't justify spending money on a rear speaker

so aside from all the standard features all I really need is:

DPLII and 5.1 inputs

5.1 inputs is pretty much stanard, so basically any dpl2 receiver in the $300 - $400 range will be fine.

I've got the choices whittled down to:

Denon avr 1602

Harmon Kardon avr 120

Kenwood VR 509

Onkyo 494

Am I missing any models? Does the JVC have DPL2? Please fire away with your opinions on these sub $400 dpl2 receivers...

Bill Will

Screenwriter
JVC no DLP II. You might also want to add the Onkyo 595 to your list. I understand if you fight with J&R that it can be had for around $350 also take a look at the new Yahama's & if your not in a hurry most companies will be releasing their new receivers in April & if you wait you can compare the new with the old & get lower prices on the discontinued models.

Jerry AZ

Stunt Coordinator
I got my 595 at JandR for $360. Just tell them you saw someone on the HTF forum who got it for that, and they won't have a problem. They know about this forum. At least the salesman I talked to did. ;) I hear that the 494 isn't as user friendly as the 595. I really like the way mine sounds.

Scott Hayes

Second Unit
I have a Marantz SR6200. It has DD, DTS, DDII, 5.1, 6.1, if you add on an external amp you can get 7.1.

I love it and I payed a little under 500$ You should definitly consider it. Fantastic reciever, the only down side is the remote. It is not back lit and is a little dificult to use in the dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks